Russell Packer

• Does anyone know the extent of Russell’s injury tonight.

Ivan didnt seem very confident in the press conference.

Well done to all the player tonight and the all five rounds so far.

• No word yet. My guess is an MCL. 4-8 weeks.

• Just watched the replay , he goes and makes a tackle where he lands on his knees in a completely innocuous tackle and he gets up fine

Unless something has happened after that where it hasn’t happened under contact it didn’t seem that bad

From my prospective it isn’t a ACL injury

Reason why , when Brooks runs into the corner with about a minute left you can see Packer move backwards to get out of Brooks way

No way in the world you can run backwards with a ruptured ACL , have tried it and collapsed in a heap , that’s when the team doc knew it was an ACL injury in my case /situation

Makes me believe from what I saw (again assuming something didn’t happen off camera ) that it might be a Posterior CL which is caused mainly in a heavy ground contact incident which won’t require surgery and worse case will be 7 weeks if a level 3

• Could be a smokescreen he did slow
    The play down when the game was on the line.

• Agree no way it’s an ACL he would not have been able to play on.

He was already heavily strapped so I wonder if he’s done damage to an existing niggle?

Strain would be 0-2 weeks, small tear 2-4 weeks, significant tear 4-12 weeks normally.

• ForumSupporter

@:

Just watched the replay , he goes and makes a tackle where he lands on his knees in a completely innocuous tackle and he gets up fine

Unless something has happened after that where it hasn’t happened under contact it didn’t seem that bad

Reason why , when Brooks runs into the corner with about a minute left you can see Packer move backwards to get out of Brooks way

No way in the world you can run backwards with a ruptured ACL , have tried it and collapsed in a heap , that’s when the team doc knew it was an ACL injury in my case /situation

Makes me believe from what I saw (again assuming something didn’t happen off camera ) that it might be a Posterior CL which is caused mainly in a heavy ground contact incident which won’t require surgery and worse case will be 7 weeks if a level 3

Well thank god for that Dr happy…

but I think I’ll wait for Russell to get some scans… 😢 😢

• @:

Could be a smokescreen he did slow

On that, in fairness to Melbourne, how come they stopped play? He wasnt HIA, he was just out back being strapped.

I’d have been filthy if Melb was doing that to us. We totally appreciated the 2-min breather.

• @:

Agree no way it’s an ACL he would not have been able to play on.

He was already heavily strapped so I wonder if he’s done damage to an existing niggle?

Strain would be 0-2 weeks, small tear 2-4 weeks, significant tear 4-12 weeks normally.

You can if it is a minor tear

You can if it’s a major tear / complete rupture

Major tear , you just can’t do anything bar moving straight ahead

Within 20 minutes it feels fine , you wouldn’t know you injured it , until you do something off the straight and narrow and then you collapse in agony

Pretty sure from memory King Sirro has done an ACL also from memory , we’ve spoken about this before on the forum a few years back

• @:

@:

On that, in fairness to Melbourne, how come they stopped play? He wasnt HIA, he was just out back being strapped.

I’d have been filthy if Melb was doing that to us. We totally appreciated the 2-min breather.

I agree was a big break for us at that stage of the game. My first thought was it was gamesmanship. That said Packer is not the bloke that would stay out of the play with injury if it was not real. I suspect it’s a minor knee injury and a few weeks on the sideline .

• @:

@:

Just watched the replay , he goes and makes a tackle where he lands on his knees in a completely innocuous tackle and he gets up fine

Just relating my experiences , if it was any other part of the body bar an Achilles I wouldn’t comment

Bar breaking my knee cap I’ve done the lot unfortunately , hairline fractures , dislocations , acl ,pcl ,mcl , 5 meniscus tears

• @:

Agree no way it’s an ACL he would not have been able to play on.

So what your saying is 0-12 weeks.

Hard not to agree with that.

• @:

@:

I’d go with Happy’s opinion over some Quacks…with all their fancy fandango’s and what not.

• It’s quite clear the way he was holding his knee he has a spinal injury…

• @:

@:

@:

I agree was a big break for us at that stage of the game. My first thought was it was gamesmanship. That said Packer is not the bloke that would stay out of the play with injury if it was not real. I suspect it’s a minor knee injury and a few weeks on the sideline .

We only got 2 penalties in the entire match! Perhaps the refs felt that they better give us some concession here, otherwise it might look like they were being biased!

• @:

@:

@:

@:

We only got 2 penalties in the entire match! Perhaps the refs felt that they better give us some concession here, otherwise it might look like they were being biased!

Yeah - because the Storm are such angels!!

Whatever is wrong with Packer - and a definite injury for sure, not ‘sportsmanship’ - like everyone I hope he is back asap because while we have able back-up, he’s proving to be very important.

Recent Topics