Fitness

Noticed over the beginning of this season so far and especially last night that the team’s fitness seems to be miles ahead of where we’ve been in that regard in previous years. Even compared to most teams we’ve faced so far, we appear to be outdoing them here also.

A lot of people have said that with our intensity in defence so far we wouldn’t be able to keep up at that level for long but now 5 weeks in, and after a short turnaround with a trip across the ditch on top of that, we still managed to put in a very strong performance yesterday. They just appear to never let up physically (except when well in front of Parra last week) and it feels like this is just our new level - nothing like the Tigers of the last few years.

Could be the new attitude, or a tough preseason that’s done wonders for overall fitness, not sure - but it’s nice to see we’re becoming that consistent, formidable team that no one thought we could be.

Thank Ronnie Palmer. Still not sure why his name wasn’t in the poll of our best signings.

@:

Thank Ronnie Palmer. Still not sure why his name wasn’t in the poll of our best signings.

Because he hasn’t debuted yet

Minute he and IC throws a jersey on I’ll add them to the poll

@:

@:

He looks like he could!

@:

@:

IC was here last year. Not sure why his name was constantly mentioned.

The side is definitely fitter and stronger than last year, that’s no secret.

@:

@:

@:

IC was here last year. Not sure why his name was constantly mentioned.

The Poll created was about players

If someone wants to start one including Cleary ,Palmer , Pascoe ,Go ,Webster etc they can :sign:

@:

@:

@:

He looks like he could!

Yeah true 😆

@:

Noticed over the beginning of this season so far and especially last night that the team’s fitness seems to be miles ahead of where we’ve been in that regard in previous years. Even compared to most teams we’ve faced so far, we appear to be outdoing them here also.

A lot of people have said that with our intensity in defence so far we wouldn’t be able to keep up at that level for long but now 5 weeks in, and after a short turnaround with a trip across the ditch on top of that, we still managed to put in a very strong performance yesterday. They just appear to never let up physically (except when well in front of Parra last week) and it feels like this is just our new level - nothing like the Tigers of the last few years.

Could be the new attitude, or a tough preseason that’s done wonders for overall fitness, not sure - but it’s nice to see we’re becoming that consistent, formidable team that no one thought we could be.

Hear, hear
This team is on it’s way to the strong team, now we can say that Mexicans are easybeats :sign:

Recent Topics

Support our community by clicking here and joining our Forum Support Scheme

Can’t log in or access your account?
Send an email to contact@weststigersforum.com and we’ll get you back online.