Blake Ayshford?

On one of these threads someone mentioned Blake Ayshford’s name as a possible fill in for the loss of Taane Milne.

He is a former WT player, certainly no world beater, but solid enough as a centre. He turns 30 this year, so has a couple of good years in him. I believe he is signed with Warriors till end of 2019 but like everything in league if a better offer comes along…… We have player slots left, I’m happy promoting youth but Im not against picking up a mature player as well for some depth of experience.

Thoughts?

Didn’t we just thrash his team in ISP?

@:

Didn’t we just thrash his team in ISP?

:dead

NO thanks. We need a good centre.

What about Dean Collis?

What happened to Ayshford? Was looking like a very promising player for us at one stage… Completely went off the rails performance wise, a shadow of his former self.

Keith Eshman is probably available

Absolutely no way, he’s been past it for years.

In all the years at WT ……he never made a single line break…he is slower than most forwards.

We have money buy James Roberts or Mitchell from Easts

@:

In all the years at WT ……he never made a single line break…he is slower than most forwards.

We have money buy James Roberts or Mitchell from Easts

Mitchell just re-signed for 4 years. Roberts is wrapped up too I think.

Not that much better than Naiqama.

A pretty solid defender, but offers absolutely zilch in attack. He had one decent semi against the Roosters and some people thought he was next level. He was and always is a has been a very average player.

We have enough backs of that same “solid” standard. If we buy someone, they have to be a serious attacking threat.

Recent Topics

Support our community by clicking here and joining our Forum Support Scheme

Can’t log in or access your account?
Send an email to contact@weststigersforum.com and we’ll get you back online.