Expectations....

• I am, like all of us, having a great time watching my Tigers put in and play tough every week. But therein lies a problem which has slowly been building up, and it was the same problem that I had when we were pushing finals footy back in the might Gareth Ellis days……

The fear of losing is overtaking the joy of winning…

I look at this Manly game and think to myself we should get the two points whereas with the storm game, I really didn’t have much hope for a repeat. Manly aren’t on the same planet as the storm when it comes to player lists, but they still managed to rack up 50 against the eels.

The great start to the season has given me the expectation that we will win, but the fear of losing has surpassed it as I read the team sheets.

But then again, it’s footy and maybe I’m overthinking these things. I do have to say it’s better than thinking we will lose every week.

• I get you. When were ordinary at least we know we don’t have a chance to make finals. Now though we do so it makes every game more exciting.

• My only expectation is to see continued effort and attitude win or lose i love they way we have been playing.

• This is a danger game as we have our two best fwds out & trialling a new 9 and halves setup. Manly have some serious strike power.

• hoping for the best. expecting the worst. biggest shake up to the team all year this round. i hope no matter the result this 17 put in the same effort as the first 5 rounds

• I guess this is the price we pay for being competitive. Get used to it.

• Even though we are winning and winning tough…we must understand that a loss may not be to far away,keep up the attitude and the willingness to play for each other give us the chance not to lose to many…
    It is a game and injuries,bad calls and errors have been the downfall of many a great team…just enjoy the wins and the fantastic ride we are on…

• @:

Even though we are winning and winning tough…we must understand that a loss may not be to far away,keep up the attitude and the willingness to play for each other give us the chance not to lose to many…
    It is a game and injuries,bad calls and errors have been the downfall of many a great team…just enjoy the wins and the fantastic ride we are on…

The most pleasing thing for me is the effort shown by all the players that are representing us .
    They are busting a gut for there mate and Ivan , a never say die attitude and if that equals a loss well you can’t ask for more if the effort is there to see.

• My take on us and Manly….

The first part of the second half last week the storm were huge, their effort lifted ten fold, we couldn’t get in their half and they looked threatening. Nearly every team in the comp loses that game in that period against a team with Smith and Slater. Smith even moved to first receiver to cover for Croft’s lost confidence.

We held them, we got one set and we run on the last and score, they were never beating us then.

Manly would have lost that game because they come in and out of the tough parts of games, but if you get on the backfoot against them look out.

If you make them play tough to beat you then there is a good chance they buckle, like a couple of their games this year. But if you help them out too much they will smash you, the twin turbos, their no 9 and DCE are a notch up on anything we have faced this year (in terms of form, not class) and this is a chance to see if we can hang tough against a team that has had a few weeks to click.

• Very hard to predict anything this season… But every game we play will be tough and if we are off just a fraction we… Like any team… Will get rolled

• Manly have a lot of strike power in the backs and will make any poor outside defence pay big

• New combos. Manly strong at home. Our poor record there. Big test this 😬

• I have watched a lot of Manly this year and every second week is there good week this week is there good week I picked 6 out of 8 games last week I picked the Titans to win just because the way Manly have played this year they will be on fire this week very much up for it the Tigers will have to play for the full 80 and give there best performance so far to win I think Nofo is a big plus just because his kick returns will be so important with packer out and I think that’s a big reason why Nofo got pick this week for his yardage game

• This is the game of the year that truly matters to me as a Tigers fan living at Curl Curl / DY

• Nothing to really sweat. We win, we lose. All I ask, and have ever asked is to do their best.

But consider this. There will be a lot of Manly fans out there choking on their lattes over the fact they have to play the Tigers this week.

And I kinda like that :slight_smile:

Recent Topics