All Time Top Try Scorer

• Benji got 2 and Lawrence 1 yesterday. Does that make them level again?
    The way they are both playing expect more see-sawing this season I suppose.

• I hope it pushes them both to succeed all year. Nothing like a bit of friendly rivalry for motivation.

• CL and BM both on 78 tries for Wests Tigers.

Sure they’ll have fun egging each other on about this all year.

• More healthy competition. Love it.

Benji almost got 3 yesterday!!

• Hmm is it just me or is it a little disconcerting that our top 3 tryscorers are a centre/2nd rower, a 5/8 and a hooker? We’ve had some good wingers in Richards and tuiaki but after 18-19 years you’d think we would of had a try scoring machine on the wing…

• If big Pat didnt have the WC desire to play for Ireland and stayed, hed be miles in front

• Great to see some healthy competition between the boys. My money would have been on Taniela The Tank. How far would he have gone before cruel injury stopped him?

• @:

Hmm is it just me or is it a little disconcerting that our top 3 tryscorers are a centre/2nd rower, a 5/8 and a hooker? We’ve had some good wingers in Richards and tuiaki but after 18-19 years you’d think we would of had a try scoring machine on the wing…

We had two! But let them go… Ah well, all is forgiven now. We have a very well rounded team this year and I’d take that over one gun winger any day.

• @:

@:

Hmm is it just me or is it a little disconcerting that our top 3 tryscorers are a centre/2nd rower, a 5/8 and a hooker? We’ve had some good wingers in Richards and tuiaki but after 18-19 years you’d think we would of had a try scoring machine on the wing…

We had two! But let them go… Ah well, all is forgiven now. We have a very well rounded team this year and I’d take that over one gun winger any day.

Agreed. Look out how much parts relied on semi. Or Canberra with Rapana…

• I have done my calculations and if Nofoaluama, Benji and Lawrence do not sign another contract with the club then this will be the total try tally for the Tigers:

Chris Lawrence - 89
    Benji Marshall - 83
    David Nofoaluma - 68

• The club has had 19 players score 30 tries or more. Of these, the order of players by tries scored per game played is:

Pat Richards - 63% (52/82)
    James Tedesco - 56% (50/90)
    Kevin McGuinness - 56% (30/54)
    Taniela Tuiaki - 54% (42/78)
    Paul Whatuira - 52% (30/58)
    John Wilson - 48% (30/62)
    David Nofoaluma - 48% (43/90)
    Beau Ryan - 44% (46/104)
    Tim Moltzen - 43% (39/90)
    Kevin Naiqama - 40% (30/75)
    Benji Marshall - 38% (78/207)
    Brett Hodgson - 37% (38/102)
    Chris Lawrence - 36% (78/214)
    Daniel Fitzhenry - 32% (44/136)
    Blake Ayshford - 32% (33/104)
    Robbie Farah - 25% (61/247)
    Liam Fulton - 23% (37/162)
    Ben Galea - 21% (32/150)
    Chris Heighington - 19% (39/201)

So if Richards hadn’t had 8 years in England, surely he would have been light years ahead!

• Thanks Juro. Good to see a list like this.

• Would of thought Fitzhenry would of scored more tries

Rowdy without the hip injury would be well over 100 by now

• Besides Corey’s tries against the Storm and Eels, we haven’t gone to the wing at all to score tries.

• Wests Tigers’ top try scorers 2018:
    Corey Thompson - 3
    Luke Brooks - 2
    Benji Marshall - 2
    Chris Lawrence - 2

Wests Tigers’ top point scorers 2018:
    Esan Marsters - 22
    Tuimoala Lolohea - 18
    Corey Thompson - 12

Recent Topics