Tamworth sold out for Round 7 clash against Knights

• Tamworth sold out for Round 7 clash against Knights
    Author Wests Tigers Timestamp Mon 16 Apr 2018, 02:11 PM

Wests Tigers clash against the Newcastle Knights this Saturday afternoon at Tamworth has officially been declared a sell-out by the club today.

The result comes off the back of a brilliant start to the season from Ivan Cleary’s side, who have won five of their first six games for the first time in club history to sit firmly inside the top four.

With a much-improved Newcastle side boasting an array of attacking talent arriving in the New England region on Saturday, it’s shaping as a wonderful afternoon of footy at Scully Park!

Over 8,000 fans packed the venue in 2016 for the now defunct City v Country Origin clash, but that number is expected to be well surpassed by the crowd in attendance on Saturday afternoon.

Kickoff for the match is at 5:30pm AEST, with live TV coverage available via Fox League.

For fans wanting to catch Wests Tigers in their next home game, don’t miss the club’s Round 10 clash against North Queensland on May 10 as they run out at Leichhardt Oval for the first time in 2018.

Members with ANZ Stadium entry included in their membership package will also be able to head along to the club’s Round 8 away game on April 29 as they celebrate ANZAC Round against the Parramatta Eels.

• Good news for Tamworth. I hope they get behind it and we can make this a regular fixture. It can only help the club to have a country town behind them as part of a wider fan base.

• @:

Good news for Tamworth. I hope they get behind it and we can make this a regular fixture. It can only help the club to have a country town behind them as part of a wider fan base.

You don’t think it will be a Newcastle home game with all the fans up there

• Not surprised,

• @:

@:

Good news for Tamworth. I hope they get behind it and we can make this a regular fixture. It can only help the club to have a country town behind them as part of a wider fan base.

It doesnt matter who has the home game…its great that regional areas get to see NRL first hand in their towns,it could easily be a win/win situation for the towns and the NRL…great to see…

• @:

@:

I live in Newcastle and only know a couple of knighrs fans.

You will be surprised at the number of people who follow Sydney clubs up here.

And most people who don’t support them can’t stand them because of the biased reporting up here.

Support for the tiger’s is quite strong in this area

• @:

@:

I know a heap of guys going up for it. I believe that country areas deserve games and if we head to Tamworth every year against different opponents we could make the area a Tiger fan base. Every club should have a regional area or none established area they take a game to regularly imo.

• They should invest in a few more membership tents, print some more bu$ pa$$e$ and bring some extra staff

• @:

@:

Why would you think their is so many Newcastle fans in Tamworth - I’d say their are more fans of traditional clubs. Newcastle to Tammworth is like saying Sydeny people support Canberra because its local

• @:

@:

@:

Why would you think their is so many Newcastle fans in Tamworth - I’d say their are more fans of traditional clubs. Newcastle to Tammworth is like saying Sydeny people support Canberra because its local

I’m a born and raised newy lad myself with a whole lot of relatives who live in Tamworth who are crazy knights fans. It wasn’t a silly comment. The two towns have a bit of a kinship.

• ForumSupporter

What is the Grounds Capacity….?

20. K…

• @:

@:

@:

And most people who don’t support them can’t stand them because of the biased reporting up here.

Mate I lived in Newcastle for 5 years. The reporting is insane! Just listen to Buderus on Fox - a more one eyed commentator I’ve never heard

• @:

@:

@:

@:

I’m a born and raised newy lad myself with a whole lot of relatives who live in Tamworth who are crazy knights fans. It wasn’t a silly comment. The two towns have a bit of a kinship.

I was thinking its closer to Newcastle then Sydney for the drive and if you wanted to go to the football a few times a year Tamworth would choose Newcastle with the old city vs country battles and i was also thinking more Newcastle supports would drive from Newcastle to Tamworth then say from Newcastle to Campbelltown i think on game day maybe 60 to 70 percent of the crowd will be behind Newcastle

• Newcastle fans I’ve found tend to be on the outer areas of Newcastle and regional.

• @:

@:

@:

@:

Mate I lived in Newcastle for 5 years. The reporting is insane! Just listen to Buderus on Fox - a more one eyed commentator I’ve never heard

You get sick of hearing it

I always change radio stations or television channels when local media start talking knights

But let’s face it

It is their town and it’s never going to change ao ignoring it is the best option

Recent Topics