WESTS TIGERS WANT ENGLISH CENTRE

WESTS TIGERS WANT ENGLISH CENTRE
By John Davidson Apr 17 2018 6:43AM

Wests Tigers are out to sign Wigan Warriors centre Oliver Gildart.
The Tigers are on the hunt for a centre after the recent departures of Moses Suili and Taane Milne.

According to The Sun, the NRL side has been monitoring English outside back Gildart.

A Wigan junior, Gildart has crossed for 34 tries in 63 first-grade appearances.

The 21-year-old, who is off-contract at the end of this year, is considering one of the best young talents in Super League.

Gildart was eligible to play for Italy at last year’s World Cup, but was unable to play in the tournament after paperwork issues meant his Italian passport did not arrive in time.

The outside back has spoken publicly about his dream of playing in the NRL.

https://www.insidesport.com.au/news/wests-tigers-want-english-centre-489162

Needed it’s own thread?
Worth a shot.

Sounds like speed is on his side

Wigan V Sharks world club 2017 …. Gildart No.4 …

There are other videos of Gildart playing in the SL but I am a little suspect making any assessment using them given the poor defences in the SL.

Watch for the Knights to jump in now that we’ve shown our hand … ala Connor Watson
They will be looking to re-write the famous scene in ‘When Harry Met Sally’: “ahh, ahh, ahhh, YES, YES, YES, I’ll have what the tigers are having”

All the English players look the same don’t they? English forwards yes. Backs, no. Haven’t seen a good one for a long time.

Jermaine McGillrivray, he’s your Man!..…

Oops!, meant Kallum Watkins from Leeds Rhinos, he had a great RLWC2017 and had a great combination with Jermaine, another one to look out for is Jake Connor from Hull FC.

@:

Jermaine McGillrivray, he’s your Man!..…

Isn’t he a winger?

Im not sure people realise how wrong it is to say that English backs dont work in the NRL.

Each player has to be judged on their own merits.

No logical reason at all that a really good NRL centre cant come out of the Super League.

I remember Andy Currier very well. I’d take another one of them.

Does anyone know if we are anywhere close to making an offer?

@:

He was great. He seemed to make breaks all the time and was hard to stop.

@:

@:

And kicked goals at something like 134%.

I was at Leichhardt for his first game and from (admittedly shaky) memory tore up with his first touch.

@:

@:

@:

And kicked goals at something like 134%.

I was at Leichhardt for his first game and from (admittedly shaky) memory tore up with his first touch.

His defense was woeful. I remember he was called out by the media about how brittle he was in defense. It was well known that the Raiders were going to target him in the '89 GF. Courier decided that shoulder pads was the answer to rectify his pea hearted efforts.

Another Andy Courier??? No thanks.

Recent Topics

Support our community by clicking here and joining our Forum Support Scheme