Teddy lost his pace

@:

Hope the chooks and dogs play like that when it’s our turn.
They were both pathetic.

I don’t think it was a pathetic game, but very dower game with some solid hits from both sides. Learning kerb for Benji’s brother as they had plenty of ball in their attacking 20.

@:

@:

Also tonight watching the roosters play in attack it felt like watching the Tigers under Taylor

I thought the same thing and was cringing at some of their plays…… especially all those bombs on the last. Ahhh scarecrow I don’t miss you!!!

Let’s hope they keep him on.

As much as it’s been a lovely dose of schadenfreude to see him go so bad at the Roosters, Imagine if he had stayed, and grown in line with the way the rest of our team is going…

We’d be in a different stratosphere.

@:

It’s a long season and the Roosters will take some time to hit their stride with a 50% new spine…. but they don’t look like premiership winners to me.

Really no excuse considering we’ve got a 75% changed spine, which is still constantly changing!

@:

I dont think Teddys going as bad as people say. He is not carving up but hes done as many good things as most fullbacks in the comp. In open space he is still electric.

Expectations are through the roof. The big question is whether he is going to be able to modify his game as teams adapt to his style of play. He was very effective last year when used through the middle. He would be tearing it up with us this year with the platform our forwards are creating and with Brooks and Marshall posing running threats.

I dont think Teddy is playing poorly he is just not shining like he did with us. Whether thats fufilling him or not who knows.Tidied up a lot of stuff in that game last night without being flashy.
One idiotic kick in the second half that put his team under pressure but the Bulldogs never ever looked like scoring.

@:

@:

I dont think Teddys going as bad as people say. He is not carving up but hes done as many good things as most fullbacks in the comp. In open space he is still electric.

Expectations are through the roof. The big question is whether he is going to be able to modify his game as teams adapt to his style of play. He was very effective last year when used through the middle. He would be tearing it up with us this year with the platform our forwards are creating and with Brooks and Marshall posing running threats.

Absolutely he’d be flying high if he was with us now. We’d be serious contenders with him.
As it is, I’m still happy. I couldn’t care less that he’s there. Maybe they deserve each other and they deserve the results they’re current achieving.

@:

Nathan Brown in an interview said Mick Potter was a far superior football coach then Trent Robinson in English super league did more at la Catlans then Trent Robinson with far less if you look at Teddys seasons individually one mite say he played his best and most consistent football under Potter he had a few great games under Taylor and one or two under Ivan

Ted played his best season in 2015, which was under Taylor.

@:

@:

Hope the chooks and dogs play like that when it’s our turn.
They were both pathetic.

I don’t think it was a pathetic game, but very dower game with some solid hits from both sides. Learning kerb for Benji’s brother as they had plenty of ball in their attacking 20.

Interesting to listen to Benji and his take that Mitchell does not see enough early ball.

@:

Lol. Especially when he drops the ball at the most inconvenient times, like against the Tigers this year that cost them the game.

With these young guns coming through, I think he is going to get overtaken real quick.

Why is this in Wests Tigers…oh look…

@:

@:

@:

I’m still a fan of Teddy, the happiness he brought all of us while he was a Tiger even tho there was a very rough ending

Lowkey we all are fans……

I hope he finds his groove again but under the system at the Roosters I can’t see it happening soon, shouldn’t have never left in the first place

His pace hasn’t been properly utilised cause he’s not playing off his forwards at all

Stop trying to justify your username.

Tacky expected better from a fellow MCK fan memeber……

I’m not just a member, I’m the president……

@:

Man of the match - obviously had a shocker.

Yeah - I missed the game but turned the radio on as it finished - think the ABC commentators gave him 3 points?

Couple of hundred metres ran and 15 tackles.

@:

I quite enjoyed the game (& I backed the Dogs) despite it not being an attacking spectacle…there was very little stoppages, ball in play was high and even though the dogs really didnt have much with the ball, the Roosters Defence was impressive

Yeah I enjoyed it too. While there wasn’t a lot of tries scored there were plenty of close calls - Ferguson, Matterson, Jackson…basically every player in my Supercoach sides went very close to scoring but didn’t! RFM’s effort to hold up Matterson was pretty special.

@:

@:

Man of the match - obviously had a shocker.

Yeah - I missed the game but turned the radio on as it finished - think the ABC commentators gave him 3 points?

Couple of hundred metres ran and 15 tackles.

It was just one of those games where nobody really stood out as an obvious man of the match. Faitala-Mariner probably would have got it if the Bulldogs had managed to win, he looked threatening and came up with a great try saver. Tedesco was a fair pick, he made plenty of runs and looked a constant threat and he positioned himself well in defence.

Recent Topics

Support our community by clicking here and joining our Forum Support Scheme

Can’t log in or access your account?
Send an email to contact@weststigersforum.com and we’ll get you back online.