Matulino

You know me I’m not afraid to call out the golden boys of the forum.

OK, so… I’m sitting here thinking how well Grant is playing in the second half and how involved he is and just making meters when we need them and I start thinking I can’t wait for Matalino to come on for his stint to finish the game.
Expecting a big finish, he’s had a big rest his experience and leadership should be a big boost, boy was I in for disappointment!

Within a minute he gives away a penalty that led to Parras winning points.
Then he gets tackled on the last at a crucial moment in the game that pretty much lost it for us right then and there.

Now, I didn’t expect him to come on and win us the game, but after seeing what Grant did I was expecting him to at least carry that on but to me he almost single handedly lost us the game with those two plays.

The other one was Nofo, two plays.
1. Not getting to that ball for French’s try.
2. Not wrapping up the ball for the offload that led to the other Parra try.

Not good enough, Reggie’s for you.
It’s these poor efforts and dumb plays that have cost us.

Can’t say Matulino has been all that impressive so far, I’m sure there will be defenders and excuse makers but I’m calling it as I see it.

Think he’s been poor this year. Has played small stints and has lumbered to the line. Outplayed by the lesser light Sue tonight. Losing Packer has buggered the balance of our pack.

It was a soft penalty but yeah I’m surprised Kenny didn’t stay down for the count…

No doubting those two plays were costly*, though he’s been one of our best otherwise throughout the first part of the season.
Grant is very poor defensively - no linespeed, no lateral movement. Good with ball in hand today.

• Matulino should never have got the ball in that situation, gotta give half the blame to the halves for not taking over.

Can say the same thing about Grant he is good in small stints… he would have been wanting to make a point today.

@:

• Matulino should never have got the ball in that situation, gotta give half the blame to the halves for not taking over.

Yep. Benji got tackled with the ball Brooks should have been demanding the ball. Hasn’t been good closing out games in the last couple weeks.

Think he’s been poor this year. Has played small stints and has lumbered to the line. Outplayed by the lesser light Sue tonight. Losing Packer has buggered the balance of our pack.

You cant blame Mats for getting stuck with the ball on the last. The so called five eoght passed it to him

Did he even break a sweat today ?
Looked fresh as a daisy …

Wasn’t his best today.

@:

You cant blame Mats for getting stuck with the ball on the last. The so called five eoght passed it to him

Good call

Matulino was never gonna be the player he once was. Massive knee issues. Considering that, I’m stoked how he has gone. Certainly not disagreeing with the issues you have this game, but overall, my expectations weren’t great for Mats and he has surpassed them.

@:

Can say the same thing about Grant he is good in small stints… he would have been wanting to make a point today.

@:

Yep. Benji got tackled with the ball Brooks should have been demanding the ball. Hasn’t been good closing out games in the last couple weeks.

Brrooks was screamin for the ball and Benj threw it to Matulino….but yeah…

I think that Matulino has been solid this year. He has gained good metres, has been an excellent low tackler and has shown the occasional offload. Also, I can’t recall him dropping a ball. Wasn’t he man of the match against Manly? Huge game.

@:

@:

Good call

You have an extra at least 5-7 seconds to plan your last play option as Marsters has to return to the mark and we come up with that

I thought Sue ,Matulino and Grant were good today go forward wise today , but we got rolled up the guts by arguably the smallest pack in the NRL minus their best go forward man Nathan Brown

@:

@:

@:

Brrooks was screamin for the ball and Benj threw it to Matulino….but yeah…

Ah okay. Ah well, we’ll start winning these close games soon enough. Love what I am seeing from Brooks overall this season.

Recent Topics

Support our community by clicking here and joining our Forum Support Scheme