Thompson

• Thought he was our best today. His positional play was top notch and his runs were strong.

His support play for Masters was great (Dont be fooled…if that was Lolohea in the team today hes probably not backing up and we don’t get that try).

He is still far from a top line fullback who can sweep into the line, but he is our best option by a long way.

• I agree, as I said in the live game thread, unless RTS, Tom Turbo or Gutho become available he is more than enough there. Our three quarter line is more of a worry.

Things will turn around when we get our forwards back also. Big ask without Fudge, ET & Twal.

• Can’t argue with that he’s been fantastic.

• ForumSupporter

Need 10 more Corey Thompsons…

• He has been great.

• His effort was a 10. He’s bleeding orange and black at the moment.

• Banned

Yeh starting to think wingers should be our priority signings. I’m pretty happy with Thommo at the back. We just need to find a way to get him and Marsters more involved in the opposition 20

• Little guy with a huge ticker.

• Buggered if I know why everyone is so desperate to sign a fullback when we have this guy.

• I think he’s doing everything that could be expected of him. He takes the bombs with ease, is reliable in defense and is positionally sound. On top of that he possesses a great step and score a try. However, what I really like is that he puts his body on the line and seems to really care about his team.

• He’s a gun

• Banned

I was at the game and best on the field for mine. Great support play, great returns, great under the high ball, and does so much to get our defensive line numbered up.

• He is also fearless against some of the big lumber on the other side … he’ll take them down one on one. He’s also pretty good on the high ball.

• As I said in the match thread last week, the club has an intriguing opportunity with Corey in the team playing fullback.

Traditionally fullbacks command a good portion of the salary cap. To have Corey there earning what he is and playing at a level 4x that is extremely beneficial. The club can use that surplus cash to upgrade other positions to really create an imposing and strong all round team.

Positional play, support play and reliability are by far the most important fundamentals that a fullback must possess. Irrespective what the personal opinion of Thompson may be, in terms of those particular fundamentals he is a top line fullback.

• Very happy with him at fullback. Puts his body on the line each week without fear. Great signing

Recent Topics