Is it time to Gamble on Gamble

Should Tyson be given a shot …, Benji looks to be running out of gas which is fair enough not brought for the full 80 min .if Reynolds is right in a couple of weeks he will not be up to speed for a least a month so should Tyson be put on the bench this week and interchange with Benji .

J Reynolds will be back in 2 weeks….hang in there

So an 80 minute hooker?
I guess ET could slot in there with a headgear on.
We can’t have a hooker and a half on the bench in NZ

I’m not sure if Gamble should be picked.

I am sure however that Benji needs to sit on some pine.

Enough is enough. We need accountability.

How did Gamble go in ISP this week?

While I’ve been one of Benji’s critics this year, I think he stays until Reynolds returns. He has the ability we need, it’s up to Ivan to sort out some of his poor decisions.

@:

he was horrible .

@:

@:

he was horrible .

Enough said……dunno why some here think Gamble is a silver bullet…when at best he is a good ISP player…Drinkwater was a class above Gamble in ISP this year and no one hollered for Drinkwater to be elevated?.

@:

While I’ve been one of Benji’s critics this year, I think he stays until Reynolds returns. He has the ability we need, it’s up to Ivan to sort out some of his poor decisions.

They missed Quadja big time…no one was good yesterday …Gamble was good when he could pick his moments as Drinkwater was pretty much running the team…without him they were directionless…

Whether Gamble could just pick his moments in FG …I don’t know as Brooks and Marshall are sharing that responsibility now…

Benji had one bog average game in 8 games. Give him a break he is the reason we are doing so well, and the culture we have at the moment.

I really question whether a combo of Brooks-Gamble is a better clutch-moment option than Brooks-Benji?

I assume that’s the swap proposed, not Gamble-Benji?

I’m all for giving the kid a run off the bench, he’s a big lad and has plenty of utility value. If it was in place of a Godinet for example, then fine. But can he cover hooker at all? Because that’s the primary issue for me, if you chuck in Gamble to the halves, you are saying he is going to covert more than 50% of close games into wins (which is where we are currently at).

@:

@:

They missed Quadja big time…no one was good yesterday …Gamble was good when he could pick his moments as Drinkwater was pretty much running the team…without him they were directionless…

Whether Gamble could just pick his moments in FG …I don’t know as Brooks and Marshall are sharing that responsibility now…

Given the amount of changes over the past couple of weeks, and the lineup that was out yesterday it’s to be expected that they struggled against a strong team. A heap of changes and losing Quadja at this stage of the season will be an immense challenge for this team

I think a Gamble- Brooks combo would work really well. It would allow Brooks to run the show (like he should) without Benji overplaying him all the time and stunting our momentum. Having Gamble out in the odd kick, run or pass would [perfectly complement what we want Brooks to be doing.

After a good opening month Benji has gone rapidly downhill. He would have touched the ball twice as much as Brooks yesterday, much to the detriment of the side. His kicks have been rubbish, defence soft, and he’s just crabbing across the field sideways again.

I don’t expect Benji to be dropped until reynolds is fit, but Benji’s performances have coincided with our losses. Not saying he’s the sole reason by any means, but his options have put the team on the backfoot. The odd piece of brilliance doesn’t change that. Far more rocks than diamonds recently.

i hope over the next few weeks, we see these changes :

j Rey to 6
Benji to 14
liddle to play 80

@:

@:

@:

Given the amount of changes over the past couple of weeks, and the lineup that was out yesterday it’s to be expected that they struggled against a strong team. A heap of changes and losing Quadja at this stage of the season will be an immense challenge for this team

I think a Gamble- Brooks combo would work really well. It would allow Brooks to run the show (like he should) without Benji overplaying him all the time and stunting our momentum. Having Gamble out in the odd kick, run or pass would [perfectly complement what we want Brooks to be doing.

After a good opening month Benji has gone rapidly downhill. He would have touched the ball twice as much as Brooks yesterday, much to the detriment of the side. His kicks have been rubbish, defence soft, and he’s just crabbing across the field sideways again.

I don’t expect Benji to be dropped until reynolds is fit, but Benji’s performances have coincided with our losses. Not saying he’s the sole reason by any means, but his options have put the team on the backfoot. The odd piece of brilliance doesn’t change that. Far more rocks than diamonds recently.

Accurate post!

@:

I really question whether a combo of Brooks-Gamble is a better clutch-moment option than Brooks-Benji?

I assume that’s the swap proposed, not Gamble-Benji?

I’m all for giving the kid a run off the bench, he’s a big lad and has plenty of utility value. If it was in place of a Godinet for example, then fine. But can he cover hooker at all? Because that’s the primary issue for me, if you chuck in Gamble to the halves, you are saying he is going to covert more than 50% of close games into wins (which is where we are currently at).

It appears hes only played in the halves, I saw Freddy someone here,who seems to know the lad post he hasnt played fullback…

Recent Topics

Support our community by clicking here and joining our Forum Support Scheme