Lachlan Coote

He was taken off last week and they moved Morgan to fullback. Green isn’t ruling it out as a permanent move. Read somewhere today that he won’t be re-signed by the cowboys and his asking price is $600k. He is 28 years old. While I think Thompson is going great i really think he is a winger and Coote could definitely add something to us from fullback. I reckon we should go for him. We even have room in this years cap, and if they aren’t going to pick him, I’d love him this year.

I dont think he adds more stability or value than Thompson who is killing it much to my surprise.

As A club we need to steer away from Has Beens.

@:

He was taken off last week and they moved Morgan to fullback. Green isn’t ruling it out as a permanent move. Read somewhere today that he won’t be re-signed by the cowboys and his asking price is $600k. He is 28 years old. While I think Thompson is going great i really think he is a winger and Coote could definitely add something to us from fullback. I reckon we should go for him. We even have room in this years cap, and if they aren’t going to pick him, I’d love him this year.

Maybe 3 or 4 injuries ago…. Thompson has been fantastic at fullback for us this year. Unless an absolute gun came to market i’d rather keep him there and focus on a winger.

@:

@:

Maybe 3 or 4 injuries ago…. Thompson has been fantastic at fullback for us this year. Unless an absolute gun came to market i’d rather keep him there and focus on a winger.

I still think to win a Comp your fullback has to be your second 5/8. Thompson has been one of the buys of the season and Im a massive fan . But While Thompson is safe, great support player I don’t see the Ball playing in him.

Big fan of Coote. I think he is a terrific fullback. However, I’m not sure he currently adds more than Thompson.

I thought Thompson was probing a lot more in the Parra game. I think he’s going to end up a great cut-price FB. He’s already doing enough to hold his place and given some more time there, I think we’ll see him much more involved in the attack.

As AT said, only if a gun came onto the market.

We have Lolohea languishing in ISP. I’d rather Lolohea to Coote - especially with Coote asking 600k, and Lolo signed for a lot less.

I read somewhere he was looking to return to Sydney. Thompson is killing it, but he’s been just as good on the wing.

Coote would bring a lot of experience and can setup tries. Would be keen if he’s not asking too much, not many Sydney teams looking for a fullback.

Coote can have some absolute shockers

Rather Thompson , at least you know what your going to get every week until someone far better comes up

A few seasons ago maybe but not now and not for that money.
How many more fullback/wingers do we need?

Coote isn’t an upgrade on what we have so not worth it.

Too many injuries to say yes sadly

His best days are way behind him, NO.

Coote is way past his best, we dont need him, especially at premium rates, Thompson offers more
If we are going to buy a fullback by a bigger and better one

@:

Coote is way past his best, we dont need him, especially at premium rates, Thompson offers more
If we are going to buy a fullback by a bigger and better one

I think you have made a key point mentioning “bigger”. In my opinion, 2 out of our back 3 need to be a decent size to ensure we start our sets well. So if Thompson is either fullback or wing, which looks likely for the next couple of years, we need to surround him with two bigger players. I’m slowly starting to get hopeful Fonua could be one. Koroibete would be the ideal other, size power and speed.

Recent Topics

Support our community by clicking here and joining our Forum Support Scheme