Standard of Referees

Tigers aside, NRL in general has to take a good hard look at itself.

I would love a statistic of how many games were determined by poor officiating.

Yes, I am fuming at the ET sin bin.

However, many non-tigers games are being determined by similar pathetic calls that lack consistency and basis. Apparently the referee spoke to the two captains before half time and told them any two penalties in a row would end up in a sin bin.

Under what NRL rule is a referee to sin bin a player after two penalties in a row? Where has there been a previous incident where this has happened?

Im absolutely devastated and disappointed in the way this game is going. The game is shooting itself in the foot.

Need a referee clean out and bring over more pommie refs !

@:

Like Ashleigh Klein? We need to get rid of Archer & Sutton as a starting point. The rules changed after about 5 rounds. Look at some of the play the balls this weekend. That was a penalty for the first 5 weeks, There is no consistency and no accountability.

They are determining the outcomes of games.

Apparently the referee spoke to the two captains before half time and told them any two penalties in a row would end up in a sin bin.

I’m not so sure this is accurate

@:

@:

Like Ashleigh Klein? We need to get rid of Archer & Sutton as a starting point. The rules changed after about 5 rounds. Look at some of the play the balls this weekend. That was a penalty for the first 5 weeks, There is no consistency and no accountability.

klien’s an Aussie mate…
Born in Bathurst NSW

Fully agree with the rest of your post .
When the games officiated by the correct rulings we were unbeatable!

@:

@:

@:

klien’s an Aussie mate…
Born in Bathurst NSW

Yes, but made his name as a ref in the super league before coming back here & being instantly included in the NRL. He should be refereeing in group 10.

@:

@:

@:

klien’s an Aussie mate…
Born in Bathurst NSW

Yes - but he was indoctrinated in the UK. You can see it tattooed on his forehead. Lol

@:

@:

@:

@:

klien’s an Aussie mate…
Born in Bathurst NSW

Yes - but he was indoctrinated in the UK. You can see it tattooed on his forehead. Lol

He was good in the UK ……
Turned to crap in OZ

We have copped more than our fair share of crap calls, but we have lost three in a row because we lack speed power and class. All teams get crap calls, but we lack the skill speed and class to get over the crap calls. It will not change to we can attract some real elite players to the club

@:

Apparently the referee spoke to the two captains before half time and told them any two penalties in a row would end up in a sin bin.

I’m not so sure this is accurate

He gave both teams last warnings just before HT

My issue is about the missed strip on Benji which came back down and ended up with ET’s sin bin

Nofoaluma’s sin bin was fair enough and I don’t blame Nofoaluma’s reaction , just instinct , like when a bloke step’s inside you and your wrong footed and you catch them high

Or ask Josh about tripping ……or maybe not 😲

I heard him give us a warning…. I didn’t realise it carried over across halftime.
They can’t just bin someone for any old penalty… They’re more specific usually goal. Line area and offside.

We all know ref’s could penalise so many things in the game but they usually don’t, but sometimes they do… This is what gets me from game to game, week to week, you dunno where you stand and I’m sure Players r don’t either

@:

I heard him give us a warning…. I didn’t realise it carried over across halftime.
They can’t just bin someone for any old penalty… They’re more specific usually goal. Line area and offside.

We all know ref’s could penalise so many things in the game but they usually don’t, but sometimes they do… This is what gets me from game to game, week to week, you dunno where you stand and I’m sure Players r don’t either

Yeah , you’d prefer the ref to come out in the 2nd half and follow up that warning , but then again they aren’t 9 year old kids either are they

Again maybe if we scored a single point in the 2nd half , but we didn’t and we didn’t deserve to be in the game let alone win the game

The refs are still being instructed from higher above to continue this silly sin bin game, yes players deserve the bin but lately it’s beyond the joke,they got rid of the blow a penalty every 3 minutes rubbish and now they need to get rid of this crap too for the good of the game

Can only blame the refs so much. We bottled it against Parra big time with poor ball security, poor hands and poor game management. We could have taken the game away from them if we held our nerve.

Blaming refs is a bit of a misdirection when your team does plenty to keep itself out of the game. Brisbane is the one game where I felt we were the better team, played for 80 minutes and got cheated out of it.

What about the ref having a sook cos Klemmer, who I believe was captain at the time… Talking to him in an aggressive manner? When that’s just how he looks and talks most of the time at baseline 😂

Recent Topics

Support our community by clicking here and joining our Forum Support Scheme