Why so much hate for Benji ?!- Our forwards are getting smashed

Sure Benji was ordinary.

However we are getting smashed in the ruck. Knights, Eels and Warriors are steamrolling us in the middle and getting quick play the balls. We are playing off the back foot all night. Teams are running out of dummy half and we are being forced intoalotof legs tackles as they are playing it quicker and jumping out all night.

What impact are Matalino, Sue, Rochow and Et having?? All of them ran for less then 50 metres? That is pathetic !! Matalino has been horrible two weeks in a row. Rochow has hit the wall big time. ET looks like he hasten too many mocks to the head. Sue is Sue. I know Aloai made errors but we sure missed him tonight.

Forwards need mohave a look at themselves. Because I believe they are better then what they are producing the last couple of weeks.

Well, when your 5/8 kicks on the first tackle when we’re 15 metres from their line, I think you can see why people aren’t happy with him.

Beni came here to play 30 minutes a week. He hasn’t played much 80minute football for 3 years.

Sure he was ordinary but he is done above and beyond that many expected for his salary and his role.

Some of our forwards need to find something.

Maybe because his dumb plays and side to side running are adding to the pressure our Pack is coming under…Without Packer and a few others out a game or too…it’s become hard to maintain the consistently they had earlier in the Year…

The less is more Benji needs to come back…please…

The constant sideways running crap with a gay inside offload to a player with no forward momentum …

Yep the forwards win games and ours have bee now we’ll and truly outplayed over last three weeks. But Benji has lost his game management mojo also …… he needs to step up.
We definitely need Reynolds back ASAP and Benji off the bench in short bursts.

The first thing I see in this game is four of our starting pack fail to run for 50 metres.

Ill worry about Benji after that .

Thats kind my point.

Go back to basics. Stop getting smashed in the ruck.

Beni needs to take better options. However if people think dropping him ks the solution well they will be surprised.

The oppositions team ruck speed is killing us in the middle.

Kinda agree…we could also drop a winger…

@:

Beni came here to play 30 minutes a week. He hasn’t played much 80minute football for 3 years.

Sure he was ordinary but he is done above and beyond that many expected for his salary and his role.

Some of our forwards need to find something.

He found a way to screw up the few chances we did create Eddie

So because he was from the cut price bargain barn we shouldn’t expect more ??

I could understand your sentiments of a lack of footy after 2 rounds , not after 9

Let me guess , we have to remember 2005 😒 , bloody hell it was that long ago I can barely remember it

Happy.

Not saying I’m happy with Benji, Dont get wrong.

My point was 60 odds posts bagging him, compared to not a lot about a pack that had 4 forwards run for less then 50 metres.

You know as well as me games are won and lost in the middle.

ET 13 metres but no thread about him?

Matalino 50 metres 2 weeks in a row?

Rochow less than 20 metres?

Thats pathetic.

Im sure Ivan will be starting up front with his rev ups.

I would leave Taylor out of the M making for a start he was playing hooker and his service was quite good I thought …had us coming onto the ball and mostly out in front of the halves and made a guzzillion tackles…

The rest of the pack I agree …they need a rev up but we have also made it hard on ourselves with errors and poor discipline with the ball and Benji has paid a big part in that…

@:

Happy.

My point was 60 odds posts bagging him, compared to not a lot about a pack that had 4 forwards run for less then 50 metres.

Thats pathetic.

We had no ball , the forwards are defending their butts off and the back 5 are taking the majority of the hit ups

66% completion rate

Might explain it also

@:

Happy.

Thats pathetic.

I highlighted Matulino and ET last week and pretty much got roasted (was expecting to) hopefully now you all see what I was talking about, if I was Cleary Matalino has one more week to show me he’s a NRL prop or he’s dropped.
ET is finished as an effective NRL player, I’ve seen enough of him to know for certain that he has no improvement left in him, what you see is what you get zero impact defensively and in attack.
Sorry to disappoint all the ET fanboys but it’s obvious he has nothing to offer other than tackling.

We were ordinary in all facets today. Not assisted by having to play twenty minutes with 12 men and having 43% possession.
As for who was most at fault - take your pick.

@:

Sure Benji was ordinary.

However we are getting smashed in the ruck. Knights, Eels and Warriors are steamrolling us in the middle and getting quick play the balls. We are playing off the back foot all night. Teams are running out of dummy half and we are being forced intoalotof legs tackles as they are playing it quicker and jumping out all night.

What impact are Matalino, Sue, Rochow and Et having?? All of them ran for less then 50 metres? That is pathetic !! Matalino has been horrible two weeks in a row. Rochow has hit the wall big time. ET looks like he hasten too many mocks to the head. Sue is Sue. I know Aloai made errors but we sure missed him tonight.

Forwards need mohave a look at themselves. Because I believe they are better then what they are producing the last couple of weeks.

I’m 100% with you. Benji will have a few games where he’s clearly ordinary but Rochow can string penalties and missed tackles and no worries. Benjo saved 2 tries today, one by lying on someone for the exact amount of time to get a penalty and not a sin bin and the other by pushing a big winger out.

Recent Topics

Support our community by clicking here and joining our Forum Support Scheme