WESTS Tigers Team V Cowboys...

• @:

@:

@:

Really don’t like the idea of Fonua at centre. Slow, poor lateral movement, not a great passer. He’s there to do the hitups coming out of our end. If he’s at centre he won’t even do kick returns.

We need to sign some centres Ivan!!

I’m prepared to give him a go, haven’t seen him play centres for many years. But your point is noted, at left centre he is marking Ben Hampton, who is all about speed.

Re hitups however no reason why he can’t get back and take the second or third tackles. Actually for mine that is possibly preferable, as Fonua isn’t a great kick defender (speed and height) and in attack he might actually be better getting earlier ball further in-field. E.g. I compare him to players like Kata, Hurrell - the really barrel-bodied power centres.

Yeah that’s the way I see it, keen to see how he goes there in the centres

This is not a brag type thing or “I told you so” - this topic was in my active threads. But thoughts on Fonua at centre the day after?

• @:

@:

@:

@:

Really don’t like the idea of Fonua at centre. Slow, poor lateral movement, not a great passer. He’s there to do the hitups coming out of our end. If he’s at centre he won’t even do kick returns.

We need to sign some centres Ivan!!

I’m prepared to give him a go, haven’t seen him play centres for many years. But your point is noted, at left centre he is marking Ben Hampton, who is all about speed.

Re hitups however no reason why he can’t get back and take the second or third tackles. Actually for mine that is possibly preferable, as Fonua isn’t a great kick defender (speed and height) and in attack he might actually be better getting earlier ball further in-field. E.g. I compare him to players like Kata, Hurrell - the really barrel-bodied power centres.

Yeah that’s the way I see it, keen to see how he goes there in the centres

This is not a brag type thing or “I told you so” - this topic was in my active threads. But thoughts on Fonua at centre the day after?

We saw the future jirskyr 😃

• Great in attack and good defensively , just want to see how he goes when a team throws some attack at us in the red zone

Recent Topics