Paul Green’s memo to Wests Tigers fans over potential sledging of Scott Bolton

Paul Green’s memo to Wests Tigers fans over potential sledging of Scott Bolton
AAP MAY 9, 2018 7:41PM

NORTH Queensland coach Paul Green says the Cowboys will prepare themselves for the prospect of sledging from Wests Tigers fans in the wake of the Scott Bolton incident.

The Cowboys remain coy on whether Bolton will take part in their NRL clash with the Tigers on Thursday after the prop was this week charged with indecent assault.

The 30-year-old flew back to Sydney and trained with the side during Wednesday’s captain’s run, suggesting he will line up against the Tigers.

But Green said a decision was still pending on his inclusion.

Front of mind for the Cowboys is Bolton’s welfare and the prospect of him being targeted by opposition fans at the tiny inner western Sydney ground.

“It’s definitely something we’ve all got to be prepared for,” Green said.

“Being an away ground and they’re in fairly close proximity. We’ve all got to be mentally prepared for that.”

Asked what his message would be to any fan going to Leichhardt with the intention of hurling insults at Bolton, Green said: “It’s really difficult to comment too far. But if that’s what their intention was, I’d probably be disappointed.”

Bolton has not been stood down by the club or the NRL.

The 30-year-old was charged with assault with an act of indecency following an alleged incident at a Bondi bar following a team dinner on Saturday evening.

Bolton, who has played 215 games since debuting in 2007, initially flew back to Townsville earlier in the week but returned to be with the team.

With Joran McLean (foot) and John Asiata (pectoral) both out, the Cowboys cam ill afford to lose another front-rower.

“It’s been a big few days for him,” Green said.

“Outside of that, it’s pretty hard for me to comment too much about it given it’s a fairly serious matter.

“He’s doing pretty well, he trained well today.”

Francis Molo has been named as 18th man and is on standby to replace Bolton.

Fair game I’d say - if he plays then go your hardest at him.

I’ll be to busy givin it to Thurston…

Hadn’t even thought of this until now….

… Will have to get me thinking cap on for some witty comments

I think Bolton might not have done too much wrong, might be a media beat up, so I wouldn’t be giving it to him, he is not the game breaker to try and stop

I’m sure the lads on the hill will comply and not say anything nasty……

BWAHAHAHAAHAHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!

Thank For the Tip Greenie. I hadn’t even thought of sledging him.
Good idea though. I’ll be going to the pub before hand (like normal) and can’t help but yell out.

Poor form to sledge him imo.

He’s innocent until proven guilty.

@:

Couldn’t agree more!

Quite a few players have been found innocent in the past to these types of allegations.

Also it will probably fire up NQL.

@:

@:

Couldn’t agree more!

Quite a few players have been found innocent in the past to these types of allegations.

Being found not guilty is not the same as being found innocent, it’s very different…

@:

@:

@:

Couldn’t agree more!

Being found not guilty is not the same as being found innocent, it’s very different…

It hasn’t even gone to trial yet, so your point is moot…

All is fair in love & war

@:

@:

@:

@:

Couldn’t agree more!

It hasn’t even gone to trial yet, so your point is moot…

I replied to Defiant who said “quite a few players have been found innocent in the past of these types of allegations”…they haven’t been found innocent, they have been found not guilty. The point is not moot.

Did that even need to be mentioned?
It never even crossed my mind until I read it here,
Tigers fans are a classier bunch than that.
If he’d been proven guilty it’s another story, fire away.

If I was playing against him, guilty or not I’d think of some creative things to whisper in his ear I’f I got the chance though that’s for sure, anything to get him to not think about football. Im sure one or two of the boys have something in mind.
Something like “was she a looker or what?” “Cmon Scotty you can tell me”
Just a bit of bait ya know. :slight_smile:

Recent Topics

Support our community by clicking here and joining our Forum Support Scheme