Luke Brooks

I’ve held off on this thread so I don’t jinx him but something has got to give.

What a weapon! He is playing so well.

So glad we kept him, the best out of the 4.

Without him tonight, we lose. Same can be said for all our games.

Can’t wait to see him progress.

Hes going pretty bloody well! Lets hope he keeps his shit together when JR comes back because Benji is frustrating…

He was good. Few times there were pportunities for him to run and he passed, but you can’t complain.

too premature for origin? Kicked a few that went over the dead ball line

6. Reynolds
7. Brooks

@:

Hes going pretty bloody well! Lets hope he keeps his s*** together when JR comes back because Benji is frustrating…

I almost think brooks will be even better with JR. Benji has really fallen off in my opinion.

He is looking more and more like a top class half back. He no longer shirks responsibility and actually goes looking for the ball. Some of his passing was top class and his running game causes hesitation in the opposition defence. He has definitely arrived as the Tigers’ and leader.

Behind a dominant forward pack he’s class. People very quickly forget what a difference a good pack makes to a halfbacks game.

I used to laugh at everyone wanting to write him off. He was playing behind a beaten pack and not even 23….look at Ben hunt…couldn’t play behind a dominant broncos pack till he was 25+…now killing it at 27…it’s not easy and takes time to be a great playmaker. Johns had it easy…halves weren’t targeted as specifically…

The best part of Luke’s game tonight is what he didn’t do…there was a time toward the end of the game a shift was on the receiver Rowdy I think was a bit behind the play…Brooks of the past would have thrown that pass…today he held it and took the hit…maturity…

Fonua was Beastly but Brooks got my MOTM…

Has been really good all year and I can only see him getting better as his confidence grows. Can’t wait to see his combo with Reynolds. I think they’ll suit each other and brooks will really take control.

Brooks needs someone. He can’t close out and goes missing when the pressure is on.
When Benji plays crap he feels it more.

Get Josh back and he will run the ball. Brooks can focus on play making.

@:

Has been really good all year and I can only see him getting better as his confidence grows. Can’t wait to see his combo with Reynolds. I think they’ll suit each other and brooks will really take control.

TBH I hope Benji is his partner this year. Feel he is a genuine no 7 unlike most who are 5/8 s but he dosent really want to be the sole game manager and he enjoys seeing Benji there in case things go wrong even though he may not need him. Next year is different but for now Reynolds off the bench could be a real weapon.

The growth in confidence has been good to watch. Can’t remember him ever going for the chip and chase in the past!

Part of it is definitely due to a decent forward pack. His short kicking game has greatly improved though.

He was good in patches, his kicking is still mostly ordinary, kicked dead a few times and Feldt read every grubber he put in he also missed 10 tackles, up there with the most missed tackles by an individual this season which is 14.

So to be honest, he had a pretty average game.

10 missed tackles yesterday. 2nd most in the game. (14 by Maloney)
He needs to work on it. We cant keep conceeding 50 missed tackles a game.
We conceeded 48 yesterday and 52 the week before. 100 in two games.
It will be our season if Brooks and the team don’t fix it.

Recent Topics

Support our community by clicking here and joining our Forum Support Scheme