Leichhardt

Must admit I was pleasantly surprised with the crowd. With our recent form and the Thursday and the weather.

But it was packed and in very good voice.

It was hell fun on the hill and the crowd was right into it all night!

Did anyone see the lad that jumped up onto the scoreboard at the end?? he was going mad and then he was dragged inside by the attendants who were also cheering madly!!

Leichhard Oval at its finest madness!

And I was loving the players after the game….they looked like they really enjoyed the atmosphere…Packer was loving it plenty of fist pumps and wahooos aimed at the hill!!

Facilities waffle, parking waffle. Still one of the best places to watch a game of football.

many fans of the WT and fans of other clubs love it, our team love it and so does our coach from his comments.

It’s football history apart from the scg I don’t know any other venue that holds that many memories for fans and players.

@:

Did anyone see the lad that jumped up onto the scoreboard at the end?? he was going mad and then he was dragged inside by the attendants who were also cheering madly!!

Robbie? 😆

Yep. I saw him up there yelling everyone laughing . Nec min .there were about six attendance all out the scoreboard cheering and waving to the crowd .

@:

Must admit I was pleasantly surprised with the crowd. With our recent form and the Thursday and the weather.

I was at the game last night……I know that LO has terrible parking; stinking toilets, poor seating except the grandstand, no corporate facilities, no good food or drink outlets, is littered with rubbish after each game…but boy oh boy NO ground comes close to matching it for atmosphere…I hope we never abandon the old girl…

@:

@:

I was at the game last night……I know that LO has terrible parking; stinking toilets, poor seating except the grandstand, no corporate facilities, no good food or drink outlets, is littered with rubbish after each game…but boy oh boy NO ground comes close to matching it for atmosphere…I hope we never abandon the old girl…

x2

@:

Yep. I saw him up there yelling everyone laughing . Nec min .there were about six attendance all out the scoreboard cheering and waving to the crowd .

So yes!!

I thought they were gonna drag him off but they joined in!!

Absolute gold!!!

The love I have for that place is immeasurable.
One of my earliest memories is being pushed in a stroller down to the game with mum dad my aunty and cousins and their friends (and whoever else we run into along the way, my cousins know everyone around there) my aunty lives within 5min walking distance to the groud, has lived there her whole life.
I remember feeling something special there that I never felt anywhere else and it’s there everytime I’ve gone back since.
I have a strong emotional attachment with the place, I just feel at home there.

I literally have a piece of turf from the halfway mark in a zip lock bag with me, i took it on the morning of the 2005 grandfinal. It sits with a photo of the plaque of Laurie in the tunnel and the black singlet I got from Laurie’s memorial day.

My ashes will be spread on the hill when I go.

@:

The love I have for that place is immeasurable.
One of my earliest memories is being pushed in a stroller down to the game with mum dad my aunty and cousins and their friends (and whoever else we run into along the way, my cousins know everyone around there) my aunty lives within 5min walking distance to the groud, has lived there her whole life.
I remember feeling something special there that I never felt anywhere else and it’s there everytime I’ve gone back since.
I have a strong emotional attachment with the place, I just feel at home there.

I literally have a piece of turf from the halfway mark in a zip lock bag with me, i took it on the morning of the 2005 grandfinal. It sits with a photo of the plaque of Laurie in the tunnel and the black singlet I got from Laurie’s memorial day.

My ashes will be spread on the hill when I go.

Great story mate.

i had a top night. best night of the year for me. don’t remember much of the game. i’ll have to watch the replay. i remember Rowdy coming out of the line and smashing JT and Brooks length of the field….thats about it. little pieces of the night are coming back to me. just wish my brother hadn’t got to James Hooper before me. He was a bit shellshocked by the time i had a go at him.

Greatest ground ever!

Love watching the Tigers at Leichhardt - and I did last night. Extra good crowd for a Thursday night and vocal as all hell.

The atmosphere was sensational - everyone was pumped, no one more so than Packer.

As I have said before - never had a problem parking, toilets are toilets (what do you want to do, eat your lunch in there), “Hot Doggie, Hot Doggie” man is just outside the main gate, what else do you need?

Somehow this ground needs to be made Corporate friendly - that is the only thing it is lacking.

It is a ground, other teams wish they had - and we want to give it away…. Crazy!!!

The gift thats keeps on giving. 13K on a Thursday Night against the Cowboys.

Were a club that has won about 40% of our goes overall yet we are over 50% at Leichhardt. Thats a Semi Final type record.

Yet we play 3 games a year there. Tragic really.

@:

i had a top night. best night of the year for me. don’t remember much of the game. i’ll have to watch the replay. i remember Rowdy coming out of the line and smashing JT and Brooks length of the field….thats about it. little pieces of the night are coming back to me. just wish my brother hadn’t got to James Hooper before me. He was a bit shellshocked by the time i had a go at him.

Did u have to go off for a HIA?

Recent Topics

Support our community by clicking here and joining our Forum Support Scheme