Best debut at Leichhardt??

Could Fonua’s debut performance at Leichhardt be the best yet?

I’ve been racking my brain thinking of others.
Brooks’ was at SCG.

Thoughts?
Who else are contenders?

More importantly - can he do it next week if selected.

His enthusiasm hasnt been questioned. His mistakes and defence is the reason why he was in reserve grade. If he can cut them out then the center spot is his for the year.

Ivan Cleary made a very accurate point re Fonua in last night’s presser.

Words to the effect - Mahe is the type of player who has both coaches worried when he has the ball.

While blemish free last night, he will end up being our Manu Vatuvai. Rocks, diamonds, diamonds.

Best case is more diamonds than rocks.

Tedesco’s debut was memorable…

@:

He played last week

Doesn’t mean you get picked every week.

@:

@:

He played last week

Eh?
What are you on about?

He debuted last week

@:

@:

@:

He played last week

Eh?
What are you on about?

He debuted last week

You are right Ink, apologies (just had the thread name sink in).

@:

@:

He played last week

How would he not get picked next week?

JAC had a great game when he debuted pretty certain at LO against his current team the Storm

He’s played over 50 NRL games

I am pretty sure he means best first game at LO in Tigers colours.

@:

You just know there is a real shocker in him dont you. Ivan summed it up in the post match press, saying when he gets the ball both coaches hold their breathe. He has always been more of a centre IMO. Hopefully he can limit his mistakes. The big key will be our forwards. Mahe will be found out defensively if we are getting dominated in the middle, but if we win the ruck, he will smash blokes.

@:

@:

You just know there is a real shocker in him dont you. Ivan summed it up in the post match press, saying when he gets the ball both coaches hold their breathe. He has always been more of a centre IMO. Hopefully he can limit his mistakes. The big key will be our forwards. Mahe will be found out defensively if we are getting dominated in the middle, but if we win the ruck, he will smash blokes.

KS 100 % right

My concern if teams can maintain pressure on us with him in the centres , especially if he had a Ponga /Tedesco /Dufty attacking him and throwing in a change of pace

Recent Topics

Support our community by clicking here and joining our Forum Support Scheme