Gold Coast Titans sign Shannon Boyd

Gold Coast Titans sign Shannon Boyd
Author NRL.com Timestamp Wed 16 May 2018, 02:02 PM

The Gold Coast Titans have landing a signing coup, recruiting hulking Canberra Raiders prop Shannon Boyd on a four-year contract.

Boyd, who played four Tests for Australia in 2016, will join the Titans at the end of the season with his deal to keep him on the Gold Coast through to the end of the 2022 season.

The 194cm, 122kg front-rower has 100 NRL games to his name.

“Shannon has impressed me throughout the process and I believe he is a great acquisition for the club,” Titans coach Garth Brennan said.

"He is an imposing figure that will bring some much needed size to our pack.

"He has played 100 NRL games and has represented his country so he brings with him a fair amount of experience that will help a number of our young guys.

"He will complement the forwards we already have here so I’m pleased he has chosen to join us.

“I’m looking forward to him joining the club next year.”

The Titans’ recruitment of Boyd follows the re-signing of Queensland Origin prop Jarrod Wallace on Monday.

Who cares…

Ooops no I mean… damn we thought we had him… :brick:

Four years…they never learn

He’s not that good

And another one bites the dust…

@:

Who cares…

Luckily for us Taumalolo is coming

Very inconsistent player, world beater once every two months but the rest of the time goes through the motions . He needed a Cleary or a Belly ache as a coach to get him playing good football week in and week out

He’s another Dave Taylor, has the size to be a world beater but not the motivation.

not worried about us not signing boyd, what worries me most is all the other clubs even the crap ones seem to sign players, yet here we are losing players hand over hand and having a large amount in the cap, yet we sign no-one, its becoming demoralizing.

@:

not worried about us not signing boyd, what worries me most is all the other clubs even the crap ones seem to sign players, yet here we are losing players hand over hand and having a large amount in the cap, yet we sign no-one, its becoming demoralizing.

It’s not June 30 YET!

Whats the rush.

We need the right ones now. It’s not just about this year. Phase one was clearing the decks. Creating space in the cap.
Phase two is different, it’s about being the right player in.

Gee the Titans are going to be in a spot of bother if they reduce the interchange.

Boyd took the coin while the game allows him to be at his destructive and useful best.

@:

@:

Who cares…

Luckily for us Taumalolo is coming

and wait there is more, Taukeiaho and A Paasi as well :deadhorse: :slight_smile:

@:

Who have we lost? Its absolutely soul crushing

Recent Topics

Support our community by clicking here and joining our Forum Support Scheme