Strike power in our centres

Cant for the life of me recall a time when we had blokes in the centres that are actual weapons.

They may not be the fastest blokes, but they are strong,light on their feet and both have offloads.

If Bunji and Brooks can get these guys any space they will deliver.

Very happy with these two!

Good call, both look likely. Need more early ball inside the opposition 20.

Sometimes Marsters doesn’t even need space… every time I start getting annoyed with him for shuffling into the defence he shuffles right through it!
I do prefer him when he is running hard though.

Fonua on the other hand doesn’t shuffle and if he doesn’t have space to wind up, he’s very likely to offload. The more he plays in the centre, the more our other players will start to push up with him.

Happy days

Both offer plenty in attack, but both have and will be exploited in attack by the better and quicker outside backs in the comp. One thing for certain they are better than anything else we have

@:

Both offer plenty in attack, but both have and will be exploited in attack by the better and quicker outside backs in the comp. One thing for certain they are better than anything else we have

Marsters is having an outstanding season….last time we had better Lawrence and collis

Fonua has stated that centre is his favourite position.

I loved Whatuira and Elford in 2005. Nothing flashy but great defensively. Jeez they stopped some tries. But i agree these two are going well.

Marsters needs to not clock off at times. Fonua needs to clock off at times because he usually does something stupid. Dangerous though.

@:

I loved Whatuira and Elford in 2005. Nothing flashy but great defensively. Jeez they stopped some tries. But i agree these two are going well.

Marsters needs to not clock off at times. Fonua needs to clock off at times because he usually does something stupid. Dangerous though.

I think that’s the perception…but I have not seen him do anything ‘stupid’ in his 2 NRL games.

i think masters needs to concentrate more in defense as he was made to look stupid last week.

@:

@:

I think that’s the perception…but I have not seen him do anything ‘stupid’ in his 2 NRL games.

Silly offloads in our own half?

@:

i think masters needs to concentrate more in defense as he was made to look stupid last week.

Who was it against where he just put an arm out and got beaten for them to score? He literally clocked off. Very ordinary. Still he’s been good.

@:

@:

@:

Silly offloads in our own half?

Looked like the game plan was to get plenty of 2nd phase play to tire out the bulldogs and run over the top of them. Seemed to push it more when the Bulldogs went to 16 players.

The “offload” at the end of the game from Fonua when he dove on the ball wasn’t an offload it was punched out by a bulldogs player.

Masters and Fonua are weapons, they will make some mistakes but I am sure opposition players wouldn’t want to be across from them.

They’re like two mobile besa blocks.

I think people forget what a bad defensive centre looks like

Recent Topics

Support our community by clicking here and joining our Forum Support Scheme