Cannot Score Points

It doesn’t matter how well our defence is when you cannot score points.
I believe we really need to push for Mbye before June 30 and drop Lolohea. He battles.
Marshall has to either be dropped to ISP or at least bench. He is fast turning into his old overrated self. Reynolds to start full-time.
Chee-Kam battles and needs some time in ISP.

Positives out of today

Reynolds, Lawrence and as usual Thompson.

There were a lot of us saying this 3 rounds in and we got shot down saying the attack will come. It hasn’t.

How on earth do you expect us to? Brooks is the only actual first grader in our SPINE

it should be
Brooks
JR
Killa/Benji(14) while liddle is out
Thommo

up against a pretty good defensive outfit……and with no hooker and a slow no form fullback

We would have close to the worst play the ball speed in the comp. Pair that with inconsistent dummy half play (at best) and our attack is in trouble before it starts.

I think with Nofo’s injury Lolohea will be kept. Was it me or do you think Matalino and Packer were off for too long?

@:

I think with Nofo’s injury Lolohea will be kept. Was it me or do you think Matalino and Packer were off for too long?

They were left for ten minutes longer than they should have.

@:

@:

They were left for ten minutes longer than they should have.

Sure were! We seem to do that each of the last few weeks.

@:

No they were off too long. But Packer especially looks like his still injured. They other thing is that Twal and Grant were super.

Hooker is the issue. They plays breaking down with poor and very predictable service from dummy half. The last couple of sets were painful to watch when we should have won the game or at least earned a penalty with some smart set ups from dummy half.

Grants best game this year. Twal also good. I agree Hooker is a big problem

@:

There were a lot of us saying this 3 rounds in and we got shot down saying the attack will come. It hasn’t.

I agree, have said since rd 3 like you said, I am so sick of the Benji love, he does one good thing and 10 bad things but still gets praised 😠

@:

Agreed. Never have been much of a Grant fan but he was just behind Matulino as our best prop today and Twal was good too.

@:

Yep about Grant X2

It’s pleasing knowing that we come to play for 80mins and we’re competitive in most games, but at the same time it’s painful sitting through it.
We’re going to have to sit through plenty of these close games from here on in I feel.

We haven’t looked good with the ball for over a month now at least.
No matter who’s at hooker or who’s been at fullback our attack isn’t working.
Imo Brooks has plan A and if that’s not working it’s just keep plugging away with plan A.
A positive is I think our general kicking is improving, Benji still puts in the ? kick a few times a game but Brooks is getting better.
Brooks in general is improving but he looks out of ideas at times, as usual he needs to run more and run more direct.
I don’t know what he’s trying to set up with Eiso but it’s not working.
Our blockplays are predictable and don’t put pressure on the D.
We have pretty serious attack issues.

Unf Tigers don’t have many strike players, we have to accept that. It’s hard to crack top defences without strike weapons - nothing even close to a Latrell, Tedesco, Jimmy Jet, Munster who can put on a special play and carve up on a half-chance.

Tigers score points by continually building pressure and strangling other sides, playing for 80 mins. If we complete most of our sets we usually score points, but if we give away bad mistakes and penalties, we struggle.

We are just that kind of side, we need to play very disciplined and sustain pressure. We’ve done it before this season, that’s how we beat Melbourne twice, but it does mean that many results are close because we don’t pile on points.

Recent Topics

Support our community by clicking here and joining our Forum Support Scheme