Unemotional Response at the half way mark

So hard to not rage after that game but i thought it would be interesting to see peoples thoughts at the half way point.

Here is mine

Jebus the boys work hard. Defensively i cant remember being prouder of a group of players. All guts all the time.
Our defensive structure looks amazing and the boys have good combination in areas we used to be horrible like the edges.

Benji got us off to a solid start to the season. I think he has played well probably better then i anticipated. However he is still a rocks and diamonds player which often damages our flow through a momentum changing mistake. Nows the time for him to step back to the bench and become our impact player.

Brooks has come along miles this year. I put my hand up and say i was one of the people that nearly had a melt down when we resigned him. To me he may be our most improved player and is offering a lot each week. Most notable for me is his defense its been awesome.

Mahe has been a revelation and will continue to be so. I have to agree with Ivan though as when he is on the wing he literally makes me hold my breath. I love him at centre and feel like he needs to be there. I feel like we have a solid centre pairing as Masters has been solid as well.

Nofo has turned around and is playing solid footy imo. The injury sucks but i feel he is making realy progress defensively and we all know his is a weapon in attack. Having him and Mahe bring the ball back really sets up the start of our sets.

Our front row rotation is solid as a rock imo. Mats Packer twal and huth (middle forward) is awesome. Consistently solid never really gets dominated really happy here.

Hooker is the biggest problem we have period. Liddle looks good but is permanently injured. Reynolds cant pass but brings energy. ET tries his guts out but you know its a pass never a run and his passing is also questionable. We will struggle offensively until this is fixed.

Rowdy is having his best year in forever. Damaging ball running and solid a solid defensive unit with brooks.

Bench and rest of the forwards for mind are ok and each contributes in their own way. However none of them blow me away.

Reynolds is what he is a ball of energy and needs to get his hands on the ball more. (away from hooker). You can see the impact he has and hopefully he slots into the 5/8 spot in the next few weeks.

Thomo is the best answer at fullback until we get a ball player imo. Tui has literally been a passenger all year. YEs he has done the odd really good thing but he looks slow perhaps injured. Thompson is forever backing up when he is fullback and i feel that is an area we miss with him on the wing.

Anyway a quick rant would be interested to get others point of view.

I agree with a lot of your post. Cant agree with Mahe though. He went continue to be a revelation. He will be exposed in a bad way by good sides.

Good post, the guys work real hard and at the start of this year, that’s pretty much all that we were wanting to happen.

A few more tweaks in the roster in we should be fine.

Masters has gone off since he re-signed.

Roosters D too good, our attack not so.
Pretty much sums it up

@:

Masters has gone off since he re-signed.

This is a definite. Really looking like a backorder atm.

The thing is even though losing is very disappointing like always this team has shown guts in every game this year for 80mins…the only more you can ask is win…

Proud of this mob…

@:

The thing is even though losing is very disappointing like always this team has shown guts in every game this year for 80mins…the only more you can ask is win…

Proud of this mob…

Agreed exceeded my expectations

Good post, pretty much on the same page

@:

Proud of this mob…

Yes, agreed. I would like to see a more composed, confident attack.

There is something amiss with our halves …. Brooks is playing well but it appears that Benji is hampering his style.

I have been impressed in how our intensity kicked when Josh came on … it might be time for him to move to the 5/8 role with Brooksy.

Our big problem is our discipline. Why push a ball when we are three minutes from half time? Why give away a penalty two minutes out. If our team has confidence then there should be no fear in giving away a repeat set - re: Mahe. Plenty of whys but I guess that it takes time to develop discipline (even though we should expect it from first graders).

@:

@:

Proud of this mob…

Agreed exceeded my expectations

Yes the team as a whole have improved and playing the full 80 …but the reality is this group of players can not compete with the top 4 or so sides on a weekly basis …So close yet so far unfortunately but that is what being a Tigers supporter is all about…bring on the Sharks.

100% top post

Most of the forum members shouldn’t post until the day after the game. Too emotional.

Our defense this year is top shelf - thank you Ivan.

I am very proud of my team. Can’t wait to see if we get M’bye before June 30.

@:

Proud of this mob…

At what point do we expect us to show brains as well as guts? IMO enough is enough of the brain dead plays. MCK deliberately giving a penalty away on half time, Marsters forcing the pass just before that leading to Roosters try. Fonua going out on play zero. Marsters and Reynolds playing like 6 years old with the Roosters on the rack 2 mins to go going from dummy half. These are unforgivable mistakes that we seem to do week in week out.

@:

There is something amiss with our halves …. Brooks is playing well but it appears that Benji is hampering his style.

I have been impressed in how our intensity kicked when Josh came on … it might be time for him to move to the 5/8 role with Brooksy.

Our big problem is our discipline. Why push a ball when we are three minutes from half time? Why give away a penalty two minutes out. If our team has confidence then there should be no fear in giving away a repeat set - re: Mahe. Plenty of whys but I guess that it takes time to develop discipline (even though we should expect it from first graders).

Benji works well when he doesn’t get over involved.

No surprises we looked good at the start when Benji chimed in with his kicking and Brooks tested the line but as soon as Benji started getting more involved Grooks got shut down.

Recent Topics

Support our community by clicking here and joining our Forum Support Scheme