Team Selections

Sounds harsh, but it almost feels like we deserved to lose that one, based off Cleary’s team selections. It’s become his first real blemish. Not quite as bad as Sheens, but continuing to persist with ET at hooker when he cannot pass, Marshall whose shine has worn off, and MCK who proved once again that he is not the answer on the right edge is costing us big time. I know most of you don’t rate Tui either, but if Noffa is sidelined, he probably retains his place.

Ivan has a long way to go to catch up to JT with bad team selections let alone Sheens

@:

Ivan has a long way to go to catch up to JT with bad team selections let alone Sheens

Cleary has the luxury of a balanced squad though. Far less excuses.

@:

Sounds harsh, but it almost feels like we deserved to lose that one, based off Cleary’s team selections. It’s become his first real blemish. Not quite as bad as Sheens, but continuing to persist with ET at hooker when he cannot pass, Marshall whose shine has worn off, and MCK who proved once again that he is not the answer on the right edge is costing us big time. I know most of you don’t rate Tui either, but if Noffa is sidelined, he probably retains his place.

What did mck do wrong

@:

100% we deserved to lose. Ivan has done a great job overall, much better than any of us months could. However, let’s not hide from some of his howlers. He has had some real howlers. I’m not gonna go through them again as i have in other threads, but we are a horrible team the past 5 or 6 weeks, with no improvement shown at all, that has to be a concern.

I wish I was a supporter that could say “I won’t watch another game that Benji is playing”, but I know I couldn’t do that. Its how i feel, but I know I’ll tune in next week to be punished again.

@:

@:

What did mck do wrong

I’ll dicsipline And has feet for hands.

Lolihea is by far his worst selection. The rest I can understand to an extent. Lolihea is unfit, lazy slow and cost us dearly today in a big game. I don’t care how many injuries there are - we can’t carry passengers . Kev would be better at the back if we refuse to move Thompson back . Ivan should be on the phone to Mbye now.

Spine has to be:

1/ Thompson
6/ Reynolds
7/ Brooks
9/ Liddle, only if fit for 80 minutes, if not McIlwrick.

@:

Lolihea is by far his worst selection. The rest I can understand to an extent. Lolihea is unfit, lazy slow and cost us dearly today in a big game. I don’t care how many injuries there are - we can’t carry passengers . Kev would be better at the back if we refuse to move Thompson back . Ivan should be on the phone to Mbye now.

You can criticise his game all you like, but the barbs about his fitness are boring. There is no evidence to suggest he is unfit besides the fact he’s a little chubby. That’s just his body shape. What’s so hard to understand about that? As ordinary as Cleary’s team selections have been, I don’t think he would constantly persist with a guy in first grade who isn’t fit.

@:

Spine has to be:

1/ Thompson
6/ Reynolds
7/ Brooks
9/ Liddle, only if fit for 80 minutes, if not McIlwrick.

This is a big part of it.
We NEED a hooker that can play 80mins.
If Liddle is too unfit he needs to be in reserves until he can play 80.

@:

@:

You can criticise his game all you like, but the barbs about his fitness are boring. There is no evidence to suggest he is unfit besides the fact he’s a little chubby. That’s just his body shape. What’s so hard to understand about that? As ordinary as Cleary’s team selections have been, I don’t think he would constantly persist with a guy in first grade who isn’t fit.

How did you rate Packer today ?

I thought he was none existent!
Has been for a few games …

@:

@:

@:

How did you rate Packer today ?

I thought he was none existent!
Has been for a few games …

Pretty ineffective from what I saw.

@:

@:

I have heard it all now - he is fit but he is a little chubbie. newsflash this is the NRL not Park footy !!!

@:

@:

At the warriors 2 years back he was fast and a lot leaner than he is now. Now he’s just fat and slow. And lazy.

@:

@:

@:

I have heard it all now - he is fit but he is a little chubbie. newsflash this is the NRL not Park footy !!!

Don’t think he’s unfit …just lazy !
Can’t expect every player to have a six pack 😆

Recent Topics

Support our community by clicking here and joining our Forum Support Scheme