Lack of height

Especially in our outside backs, which leads us to more grubbers when attacking the line. Which then becomes very predictable to the opposition.
Short term solution maybe is to use Gamble somewhere in the backline. Not sure of his height but worth a shot maybe with Nofoaluma being out.
Long term do we make a play at big Israel??

We are always too short or too slow.

Imagine we had a Tiquri and Tuiaki like wing pairing…

Too being too tall has the disadvantage of making it very difficult to pick up the low grubber kicks.

more like: heart over height

Too fat , too short , too slow , too dumb …

#ploddersunited

Definitely need some height and speed on our flanks. I’d be throwing the cheque book at Oats for next season if I was management. I know he wants to play second row and all, but if we offer him enough money he might be happy to play on the wing for us.

I know everyone bangs on about not paying overs for a winger, but honestly he would be worth it, imo.

We have the shortest backline in the comp. It’s a massive weakness for us.

Having short and slow players makes us quite predictable in attack and we lack any punch from our outside backs.

Tupou would be a foot taller than Fonua.

@:

#ploddersunited

After yesterday, you would have to say we have a few in those categories.

@:

#ploddersunited

Too right!

The best sides don’t need to rely on the kicking game , we need some effective damaging hole runners who will create a lot more questions in the red zone and just create more options for Brooks

Look for me one of the most effective plays in the redzone , is having both play makers run on consecutive plays

Or even simple run around plays

As an example Marshall , throws a dummy takes the line on at speed on tackle 3 , quick play the ball , and then Brooks takes the line on at speed with players running good angles like Rowdy or Aloiai very next play

Ay the very worse you’ll probably catch the opposition offside

I know the game has changed a lot , but it always has been a winner ,Parra would kill sides with it with Sterling and Kenny

The simple things in rugby league are quite often the most effective things , make opposition defences have to make decisions

After 6 years of being terrible Edrick Lee is actually playing pretty good footy at the Sharks this year, off contract too. Wouldnt mind Ivan having a crack at him

@:

After 6 years of being terrible Edrick Lee is actually playing pretty good footy at the Sharks this year, off contract too. Wouldnt mind Ivan having a crack at him

It’s funny how certain players start playing well when it’s contract time. Ferguson is a much better option imo

@:

You wouldnt mind Ivan buying a player who by your own estimation has been terrible for 6 years?

Recent Topics

Support our community by clicking here and joining our Forum Support Scheme