Macarthur A-League bid

https://www.macarthuradvertiser.com.au/story/5453677/lang-walker-financially-backs-macarthur-a-league-bid/

Heard Brett Emerson, one of the ambassador for this bid interviewed… He mentioned an upgrade to CSS is in the plans if the bid is successful… We probably won’t have to worry about the area though by then

The SW Sydney bid is the Aleague bid which should go ahead. Southern Expansion can get stuffed. Can’t see why they’d need to renovate CSS though seeing it’s fine for NRL already

@:

https://www.macarthuradvertiser.com.au/story/5453677/lang-walker-financially-backs-macarthur-a-league-bid/

Heard Brett Emerson, one of the ambassador for this bid interviewed… He mentioned an upgrade to CSS is in the plans if the bid is successful… We probably won’t have to worry about the area though by then

Brett Emerton - he was a Macquarie Fields boy. I hope it is successful, it’d be good for the area. Soccer has always been big out there and it’s produced some good players.

Its a more logical bid than Southern expansion i dont see any conflicts with us being they operate in our off season. I think it would be good for the area if done right.

@:

Its a more logical bid than Southern expansion i dont see any conflicts with us being they operate in our off season. I think it would be good for the area if done right.

Im not very up on soccer an that & im not from the area either, but you dont think we could lose some support/members if another team albeit a different code took on the region full time
Not much we can do about it either way I guess

If Wests Tigers were smart they would partner with the new team and offer duel membership for Cambo…

Buy a Sokka one get a Wests Tigers one or buy a Wests Tigers one get a Sokka one…or something like that…get in on the ground floor…

I’d give them a couple of years to survive but it would be good to get a new stadium out of it.

Yeah i cant see a soccer team working out of there. We already have the Wanderers and FC who have a strong fan base. Anyone interested in the sport will already have allegiances.

Wollongong is the smart choice.

If Wollongong Wolves don’t get in they’re bonkers.

I’m surprised they are even expanding. I thought their crowds and tv figures were falling.

@:

@:

Im not very up on soccer an that & im not from the area either, but you dont think we could lose some support/members if another team albeit a different code took on the region full time
Not much we can do about it either way I guess

I guess there’s always a chance, but seeing as though the season operates with minimal overlap personally I don’t think so. I think potentially any fans/members that may drop away would be considered fair weather fans.
Might also be a positive could force us to put more energy into the region.

@:

If Wests Tigers were smart they would partner with the new team and offer duel membership for Cambo…

Buy a Sokka one get a Wests Tigers one or buy a Wests Tigers one get a Sokka one…or something like that…get in on the ground floor…

Would their be enough interest when you already have the Wanderers established and going pretty damn well

My big question is does anyone ever see Darwin getting a side in any national league or sport ??

Really shocked the AFL have never tried to even relocate a side up their and to a much lesser extent the NRL

Recent Topics

Support our community by clicking here and joining our Forum Support Scheme