Godinet vs Liddle

What is the point of picking Godinet? What club brings on a hooker for the last 25 to just shovel it out.

If Liddle was coming on in the back half its a different game.

Ivan Cleary, as good as he has done, has made some shocking selections.

Godinet is a park footballer at best. But “the boy in the bubble” Liddle does not participate in more than 3 games a season.
Hock them both.
Get someone who A: plays every week. And B: is better than group 6 standard.
What’s Robbie Mears or Kerrod Walters up to these days? Either would be an upgrade on our current pus.

@:

What is the point of picking Godinet? What club brings on a hooker for the last 25 to just shovel it out.

I think you may have answered your own question, to me there is no point bringing Liddle on for 25mins when he clearly needs to be playing a full game to get match fitness up.

Cleary obviously doesn’t think he is up for a full game in first grade so is giving him that time in ISP and once he’s happy with that output you will see him back in firsts.

That’s just my opinion of course.

I know what your saying BeachTiger. In terms of getting match fitness up, yes.

But in terms of us winning that game today, had Liddle come on in that last halfa, we may have had a chance. He is actually a decent bench hooker. Adds pace around the ruck against tiring forwards.

@:

I know what your saying BeachTiger. In terms of getting match fitness up, yes.

But in terms of us winning that game today, had Liddle come on in that last halfa, we may have had a chance. He is actually a decent bench hooker. Adds pace around the ruck against tiring forwards.

Can’t argue with that at all Kingy but I’m happy to wait another week or so for Liddle to be ready for 80 mins.

However your point on Godinet stands and he shouldn’t have been there with game on the line. You could see how loose the middle third became defensively when he came in, should have left ET there.

i watched the reserve game yesterday and the passes from liddle got to the first man off the ruck much quicker than the other hooker.
the team needs that in first grade.
thats stating the obvious of course.

Liddle body cant handle first grade so i agree with cleary not picking him. Mcllwrick however……

Liddles body really needs a full pre season. Coming into the season late on the back of a double shoulder reco was always a worry.

Liddle’s body has the resilience of wet dunny paper. Has to even come off the bench in ISP……
Has a bit of pace but that is all. Persisting with him will be very detrimental to any success our club may ever have in the next few years IMO. How long will we trot out this makeshift hooker crap? Other teams would be laughing at ours in disbelief.

but still the club is happy to have the crap situation we are in continue as long as it takes for Liddle to get match fit without using the limited time left to recruit another hooker. In the mean time our season slips further away from the potential of a top 8 finish.

Another possible eventuality is that Liddle’s body will never be able to cope with NRL grade footy as a hooker.

Even using the truth of yet another first year of rebuilding I just dont get it.

@:

@:

I think you may have answered your own question, to me there is no point bringing Liddle on for 25mins when he clearly needs to be playing a full game to get match fitness up.

Cleary obviously doesn’t think he is up for a full game in first grade so is giving him that time in ISP and once he’s happy with that output you will see him back in firsts.

That’s exactly what’s happening. But what would Cleary know. Amazing how everyone on here is an expert and knows his players in and out and what they need. Once again we are in the thick of it with a premiership heavyweight and the forum is in meltdown.

@:

@:

@:

That’s exactly what’s happening. But what would Cleary know. Amazing how everyone on here is an expert and knows his players in and out and what they need. Once again we are in the thick of it with a premiership heavyweight and the forum is in meltdown.

A difference between WT and some of these premiership heavyweights is that they are hard nosed and make the hard decisions when necessary.

Edit- they dont throw seasons away on a player.

@:

@:

@:

@:

A difference between WT and some of these premiership heavyweights is that they are hard nosed and make the hard decisions when necessary.

Do you think premiership heavyweights got there overnight? Or do we think we will be a premiership heavyweight with a new team that has played 12 weeks together. Funny most people were picking us to be bottom 4, but forum members want us top 4 in the first year, amazing.

@:

@:

@:

How far away is Ivan’s grand plan of playing Liddle for 80 minutes in 1st grade though?
He is coming off the bench in ISP so from the outside looking in it looks as though he can’t even handle a full game of ISP due to his porcelain body. He should be pumping out 80 mins by the time 2024 comes around. We should all be content and patient until then really.

Recent Topics

Support our community by clicking here and joining our Forum Support Scheme