Fullback problem

We have a real fullback problem on our hands. Lolohea is scared to make contact with defenders and basically jogs during a kick return. Yes we have Thompson and Kevin as possibilities but i wouldn’t call then game winning fullbacks. We need a fullback asap which would be Mbye if he does come before June 30th. If nothings happens we will have a big problem on our hands in the fullback department.

Mbye would be a better option atm, but he is by no means going to be the saviour most here are making him out to be. He’s not even established himself in the role.

In the meantime I’d give Kev a go, why not. I’m a little disappointed he’s leaving us, in career best form. Imagine saying that a year ago. Cleary has transformed him.

I dissagree we dont have afullback problem we just need Thomson at fullback All these coaches seem to need to play the big name signinga evev when there not uo to it Lolahea i think is better suited to 5/8 but theres aline up rthere . Sorry about the mistakes but Ive had a few bees

@:

Mbye would be a better option atm, but he is by no means going to be the saviour most here are making him out to be. He’s not even established himself in the role.

In the meantime I’d give Kev a go, why not. I’m a little disappointed he’s leaving us, in career best form. Imagine saying that a year ago. Cleary has transformed him.

Mbye would probably be one of the faster backs in the team when he does come.

It wasnt a problem till Lolohea came back into the side 3 weeks ago.

Thompson barely put a foot wrong when in the #1. Yes he lacked in a few areas (EG - He can’t ball play), but he was safe and read the game very well. Definitely just a stop gap option, but a damn good one. He also was dangerous in open play, had good support and kept popping up. I also felt he was starting to get some good combinations with some good inside balls just before he was moved.

I’ve grown to like Thompson … but he is not a first grade fullback . Much as I had hope Lolohea would come good he is like Brooks … you can’t depend on them to perform at the same level every game.

@:

It wasnt a problem till Lolohea came back into the side 3 weeks ago.

Thompson barely put a foot wrong when in the #1. Yes he lacked in a few areas (EG - He can’t ball play), but he was safe and read the game very well. Definitely just a stop gap option, but a damn good one. He also was dangerous in open play, had good support and kept popping up. I also felt he was starting to get some good combinations with some good inside balls just before he was moved.

x 2, give Thomo another go at the back. He will never give up, always puts his body on the line & is always backing up through the middle.

@:

I dissagree we dont have afullback problem we just need Thomson at fullback All these coaches seem to need to play the big name signinga evev when there not uo to it Lolahea i think is better suited to 5/8 but theres aline up rthere . Sorry about the mistakes but Ive had a few bees

Had a few bees have you? Half your luck. I don’t think we will have a choice. I think Tui will have to go to 5/8 next week in any case. Renolds appeared to be favoring his arm and Benji has gone for a while. Just hope it is announced that Mbye will be here early.

#9 is a problem too.

@:

#9 is a problem too.

#8 and #10 is a problem too .

@:

@:

#9 is a problem too.

#1 to #17 are a problem!

@:

@:

@:

#9 is a problem too.

#1 to #17 are a problem!

Twal is good tho.

I thought that LoLo had a poor game yesterday.

He had an opportunity to stop at the least 2 tries yesterday and failed. Could have been 3 if Lewis had of grounded the ball.

Took some decent bombs and scored a try but was otherwise pretty average.

9 is also a problem for us.

Lolo has talent but no heart.

I don’t think he should be every considered for a NRL spot again.

I would put Kevin at full back for the rest of the year as Thompson will stay on the wing once Moses joins us.

Love to see what Garner and Hobson could offer us in the NRL for the reminder of the year. We did have some success evaluating Marsters, Huth and Twal from Parramatta ISP last year. Worth a go as the season appears to be slipping away.

@:

Lolo has talent but no heart.

I don’t think he should be every considered for a NRL spot again.

I would put Kevin at full back for the rest of the year as Thompson will stay on the wing once Moses joins us.

Love to see what Garner and Hobson could offer us in the NRL for the reminder of the year. We did have some success evaluating Marsters, Huth and Twal from Parramatta ISP last year. Worth a go as the season appears to be slipping away.

Yea I was expecting Lolohea to explode. Instead he regresses. You are 100% right about Thompson, let him own the wing. He can either be a OK/good Fullback or a Good/Great wing. Let him be a great winger unless we have no one else who can be an OK fullback.

Recent Topics

Support our community by clicking here and joining our Forum Support Scheme