"I don't like footy...."

Discuss encounters or conversations you’ve had with people regarding them not liking footy….

A guy from work said to me earlier…
“That guy looks like Marty John’s little wimp brother.”
In regards to Ben Ikin… I explained he’s a former first grader and he couldn’t believe it.

No encounters - don’t talk to such philistines.

Boss scheduled an interstate work dinner during the first State of Origin last year.

Got back to the hotel and flipped on the tv only for her to ask:

“Uhhh, are the Warringah Eagles playing?”

@:

Boss scheduled an interstate work dinner during the first State of Origin last year.

Got back to the hotel and flipped on the tv only for her to ask:

“Uhhh, are the Warringah Eagles playing?”

She’s got Peter Beattie covered then.
And probably Greenburg as well come to think of it. Is she interested in running the NRL?

I clearly remember watching a game on TV with a friend and his girlfriend. The girlfriend was trying to pretend that she liked footy, in a vain attempt to impress us. It was obvious that she had never watched a game in her life. I don’t know how someone can have lived all her life in Sydney and still had no idea.

@:

I clearly remember watching a game on TV with a friend and his girlfriend. The girlfriend was trying to pretend that she liked footy, in a vain attempt to impress us. It was obvious that she had never watched a game in her life. I don’t know how someone can have lived all her life in Sydney and still had no idea.

There’s more to life than Rugby League, it’s not everyone’s cup of tea. My eldest brother wouldn’t know a football from a cricket ball and he’s been around for over 60 years!

Recent Topics

Support our community by clicking here and joining our Forum Support Scheme