Moses Mbye to make history

It appears Moses Mbye will be the first player to play the same opponent in consecutive rounds.

https://twitter.com/Middleton_David/status/1008148395494539265

David Middleton confirmed it.

Hopefully he gets a better result this time.

Anyone else remember in the early 2000s when the draw had teams playing the same opponent in consecutive rounds?

Are the final round of one year and the first round of the next year consecutive? If so, it would have happened many times.

Does David Middleton have a life?

@:

I’m sure he’s happy

First half Nigerian*, half aboriginal to play for the tigers too?

Edit: Gambia, west african

@:

First half Nigerian*, half aboriginal to play for the tigers too?

Edit: Gambia, west african

Not sure he has any aboriginal blood at all actually…

@:

Anyone else remember in the early 2000s when the draw had teams playing the same opponent in consecutive rounds?

This years draw is pretty bad for stuff like that I have to say

We’ve had:

Melbourne twice in 3 weeks and Parra twice in 4 weeks,

And in the next 8 weeks we have the dragons twice, and the rabbitohs twice, among other games…

Surely they can at the very least do a “Everyone plays everyone once” for the first 15 rounds, then do mop up in the final 9…

@:

@:

I’m sure he’s happy

Nice way to earn your living… Id swap

@:

@:

We’ve had:

And in the next 8 weeks we have the dragons twice, and the rabbitohs twice, among other games…

Surely they can at the very least do a “Everyone plays everyone once” for the first 15 rounds, then do mop up in the final 9…

C’mon UD - that would be logical.

@:

Are you sure?
all games in one round were the same the next week?

@:

@:

Are you sure?
all games in one round were the same the next week?

Not all but a few. It was round 3 and 4 from memory.

@:

@:

We’ve had:

I have been saying it for years, thew draw is not right, everyone should place each other once for the first 15 rounds, then you play half the other teams twice from round 16 onwards.
The next year you play the other teams you didn’t play twice the year before from round 16 onwards, so every one is on an equal footing.

@:

@:

@:

We’ve had:

I have been saying it for years, thew draw is not right, everyone should place each other once for the first 15 rounds, then you play half the other teams twice from round 16 onwards.
The next year you play the other teams you didn’t play twice the year before from round 16 onwards, so every one is on an equal footing.

If I’m not mistaken, after the NRL groups the teams together based on last year’s ladder results, they take into account club preferences and requests when building the schedule.

So many of the oddities like repeat playing have to do with club requests to not travel interstate more than X times in a row, or have particular match-ups like Parra-Tigers every Easter weekend.

This time around Channel 9 have no say (I don’t believe) in the teams playing each round, only which games fall on which days.

So I don’t believe it’s all the NRL’s doing, as they are trying to accommodate 16 x club requests as well.

No longer grouped on previous years ladder…

Recent Topics

Support our community by clicking here and joining our Forum Support Scheme