Ill-discipline and composure frustrate Cleary in loss

Wests Tigers Head Coach Ivan Cleary was left disappointed by his side’s high error rate as a gritty Gold Coast Titans side emerged with a 30-12 win at Leichhardt Oval.

After conceding a heavy defeat in Round 15 to the Canberra Raiders, Wests Tigers chalked up 18 errors and eight penalties in the tough defeat this afternoon — leaving the Coach frustrated with the lack of composure shown in attack, especially when working the ball in to positive spaces.
“It’s very disappointing,” Cleary told reporters after the game. "We just couldn’t get any possession and the possession we did have, we’d give it back in good position.
"We just continually shot ourselves in the foot. You would have thought we could have corrected it at some point but we couldn’t. It never changed, and that was the really disappointing thing for me.

"You know, we’d make a half break but we weren’t prepared to take the tackle in many instances.

"You can go periods when you don’t have freedom in attack, but we got a bit of that today and we just couldn’t build any pressure on that or finish off a set when we were going well at times.

“We were looking for the quick fix throughout the day and you’re not going to win games like that.” Having lost eight of their last 10 matches following an incredible bright start to the season, Cleary conceded that the Round 17 bye was coming at a much-needed time for his side as they look to reassess their finals chances — currently sitting three wins outside the top eight with nine rounds still remaining.

“I think it’s fair to say we’re out of form and that’s been coming for a bit,” he said.

Very Unprofessional Team…

All talk. No action.

@:

All talk. No action.

100% agree there

The bye is coming at the right time? We had a week of last week.

Blah Blah Blah…2 wins from the last 10 games, considering our season start is rubbish…until IC acknowledges this, fans will continue to question his coaching/recruitment ability.

What do you want him to to do? He’s added 2 new players mid season which turned out to be our 2 better players yesterday. He wasn’t the one throwing the stupid passes or knocking the ball on. The current crop that aren’t up to scratch , who does he replace them with? It’s very frustrating.

No mention of your star recruit front row pair that in the last 3 rounds have made
31m 49m and 37m?

Mustn’t be a problem.

The season falling off a cliff has frustrated me.

#MarchPremiers

Even though IC has been a breath of fresh air since he has been here one has to wonder what has gone wrong …. the team yesterday were a rabble and the 2 players brought in both played well.
I am starting to get the feeling that he is a great people manager and not so great a coach , There is a lot of talk but seems very little action on turning out a tuned team for games , start of the season an 80 min team now struggling to be a 40 min team.
I really hope he has at least 5 top line players coming for next season .

I just don’t think I care anymore. Another year of the same crap served up by different players. Sick of it.
I think I’ll take the rest of the year off - just like most of the players!

Young Nathan may refuse to come here for 2020 because afterwards he may wish he had 2020

@:

I just don’t think I care anymore. Another year of the same crap served up by different players. Sick of it.
I think I’ll take the rest of the year off - just like most of the players!

Same. See ya next year.

It is not about the result, it is about improving each week

@:

Failing on both counts then.

@:

@:

Failing on both counts then.

Didn’t a former coach roll out that line for 2 years

Recent Topics

Support our community by clicking here and joining our Forum Support Scheme