Next Week....

Our defence improved this week considerably and we should focus on that area again this week.
That’s what our early wins were based on so it’s the only way for us to beat some tall poppies again.

@:

Chee-Kam will probably get the nod for Rowdy…

Was great today from the bench…not sure starting is his go tho…

Chee’s spot is off the bench, he’s gone really well off the bench for us, and he can fill in at centre if a winger or centre goes down.

His offloads today created lots of opportunities and he can have a big impact on the game when he comes on, he runs good lines off Benji and becomes a body with a bit of footwork close to the line that can hit a hole similar to Lawrence.
Hopefully he stays on the bench with Rowdy out.

@:

Our defence improved this week considerably and we should focus on that area again this week.
That’s what our early wins were based on so it’s the only way for us to beat some tall poppies again.

How did it look for the last 15 or so minutes when they actually held the ball and threw some attack at us?
Our defence was flattered

@:

@:

@:

@:

We will miss Rowdy next week

Really big loss. Has been our best all year. Probably sees McQueen come in as well

Garner will play in Lawrence’s position not McQueen.

I think it’ll be MCK for rowdy. Garner will remain on the bench and twal will get a recall to the 17.

I would move Taylor to cover rowdy and keep garner on the bench or right back row

@:

@:

@:

Sutton’s 300th game next week, the rabbits will be up for it

Robbie’s 250th for the Wests Tigers.

Should be good

Yep Farah first Weststigers player to play 250 games, and Sutton first Souths player to play 300 games, must be some kind of record.

Agreed. Great post and what a quirky stat.Souths have won more premierships than any other team and 98% of them were in a time when you played for your local team and NEVER left them.How on earth they NEVER had a player play 300 first grade games in the 110 year history of the club is astounding.

@:

@:

@:

@:

Sutton’s 300th game next week, the rabbits will be up for it

Pretty sure someone in our side is playing their 250th 🤔

I realise that, but I was just pointing out that you are going off early about our chances

Whose going off. I acknowledged it won’t be easy, but there’s no reason why we can’t feel confident of putting up a good fight.

Tiger’s will win South’s due for a lost also won 4 from the last 5 against the Rabbits

Will be another tough game. Didn’t give us a chance this week, so I guess anything is possible.

@:

@:

Defensively we went backwards after Rowdy went off

We will miss Rowdy BIG TIME next week , maybe 3 -4 weeks unfortunately

He has made defensive errors leading to tries the last 2 games, both on halfbacks close to the line. Hunt this week and Ash Taylor at Leichhardt. His defense is generally very good but he’s got some issues on the goal line…

We can win if we can just get rid of the errors we cant give the ball away at all against souths. Our attack looked better v dragons but they did give up alot of ball that helped us and souths wont. If the boys can improve just a bit each game we will go alright.

@:

@:

I didnt watch the full game but saw mcqueen tackle numbers were up there

@:

@:

@:

@:

Really big loss. Has been our best all year. Probably sees McQueen come in as well

Garner will play in Lawrence’s position not McQueen.

I’m guessing Cheeky to start and Twal back onto the bench.

Chee doing a good job on the right too

@:

I gave us a chance today, but if we played the Rabbits today we get smacked!

I don’t give us a hope at all next week, our defense around the ruck at times today was weak as water.
Captain Cook will annihilate us.

The Dragons were way off today and still nearly pulled the rug out from under us.

Our forwards just won’t be able to handle Souths and won’t make a dent in attack.
I’m sorry but even though Packerlino went a little bit better today, they’re just not going to be good enough, I actually thought we looked better when they were off the field.
We’re not getting quantity or quality minutes from them.

Gotta remember they do the hard yards at start of the game. But agree packer in particular very loose in 2nd stint

@:

@:

@:

He has made defensive errors leading to tries the last 2 games, both on halfbacks close to the line. Hunt this week and Ash Taylor at Leichhardt. His defense is generally very good but he’s got some issues on the goal line…

Yeah I don’t know why he even chased Hunt for , Brooks had him covered , if Rowdy stays in the line Hunt probably doesn’t even run

@:

@:

@:

I didnt watch the full game but saw mcqueen tackle numbers were up there

In ISP , yeah I didn’t watch it either ??

@:

@:

@:

@:

Yeah I don’t know why he even chased Hunt for , Brooks had him covered , if Rowdy stays in the line Hunt probably doesn’t even run

Exactly what he did with the Ash Taylor try at Leichhardt…he’s gotta learn from his mistakes and worry more about covering his own space in the line. There’s a time for going in hard on the man with the ball but he’s doing it when the ball carrier has too much depth. Anyway he’s a hard worker, I’m sure he’ll iron it out.

Recent Topics

Support our community by clicking here and joining our Forum Support Scheme

Can’t log in or access your account?
Send an email to contact@weststigersforum.com and we’ll get you back online.