El Packer

• In the last 15 minutes of yesterday’s game he was a dead set passenger….

Standing behind the ruck with his hands on his head.

He provided no go forward and his defence was non existent during that period.

We need better options than him…

• @:

In the last 15 minutes of yesterday’s game he was a dead set passenger….

noticed that too, he looked absolutely gassed. dissapointing considering he only played 42 minutes

• Not the guy to build your pack around. Ivan should be looking to use him off the bench next year as an impact forward.

• He looks unfit and overweight

• @:

In the last 15 minutes of yesterday’s game he was a dead set passenger….

I actually disagree. Offensively he was ordinary in the latter stages but he turned up defensively time and time again even though he was gassed

• His metres were better compared to the last performance but just not very effective
    I was never a Packer fan before we bought him not because I didnt rate him, just didnt watch him play much - but plenty talked him up and he just hasnt lived up to expectation at this point.
    Would love to know if this is just how it rolls with him or whether he is out of form or injured. The benefit of the doubt can only last for so long.

• Lol, he was good today. Most props will be tired when the opposition have all the ball and are running the length of the field every set. He’s also carrying a niggle of some sort, i’m sure it will come out at the end of the season…

All our forwards except for MCK were invisible in the final 10 mins btw…

• The whole team was gassed. The comination of losing Sue, Aloiai and Lawrence in the space of 5 minutes hurt us. Watch when Saints scored their last try, our whole team is lying on the ground. Watch when they make a break with 5 mins to go and every single guy is jogging back gassed. We were gone.

• @:

His metres were better compared to the last performance but just not very effective
    I was never a Packer fan before we bought him not because I didnt rate him, just didnt watch him play much - but plenty talked him up and he just hasnt lived up to expectation at this point.
    Would love to know if this is just how it rolls with him or whether he is out of form or injured. The benefit of the doubt can only last for so long.

His season has played out much like his season did for the Dragons last year. He was very good in the early part of the season (which is when we started going in hard for him) and then he got injured and his form dropped right off. He regained some from at the back end of last season and was then very good for New Zealand so hopefully he follows that part of the pattern…He’ll never be a big metre maker but when he’s on he makes extremely effective hit ups with quick PTB’s that really get things rolling. There hasn’t been much of that lately…

• @:

@:

His metres were better compared to the last performance but just not very effective

His season has played out much like his season did for the Dragons last year. He was very good in the early part of the season (which is when we started going in hard for him) and then he got injured and his form dropped right off. He regained some from at the back end of last season and was then very good for New Zealand so hopefully he follows that part of the pattern…He’ll never be a big metre maker but when he’s on he makes extremely effective hit ups with quick PTB’s that really get things rolling. There hasn’t been much of that lately…

Yeah thanks. Dont think we dominated today but we held them - and they certainly have a wealth of good forwards. Dont think he was outstanding by any stretch, but we did enough to win and I thought he went alright.

• He made probably the most important tackle of the match late in the game that saved our bacon and he got there despite huffing and puffing, having just struggled to get back in the line. He then sat on his haunches for a while whilst we prepared for the handover.

• I saw him run the ball up a few times and get smashed.
    He looked upset.

• He’s going Ok but not having the impact he had early in the Season,he and Matulino were probably the 2 best Forwards in the Comp. for the first 6 or so games.
    That’s to be expected when they are targeted,like in the early games, and getting smashed every game.
    Hope Matutlino,in particular,can manage his injuries for the run into the Finals,if he does we might make the 8.

• I agree he has looked gassed as have our other forwards in the past couple of games. They seemed to have lost fitness as the season has gone on. Penrith by comparison play with energy till the last minute. Its an 80minute game yet we seem to compete OK for 60 then look busted. Other teams seem to finish stronger than Wts’ & I hope this can be remedied asap.

• The whole team was gassed for the final 10 minutes yesterday but with only 5 penalties that was to be expected.

Recent Topics