Marsters goal kicking

• Has gone virtually unmentioned over the last few weeks. Has kicked something like 37 goals from 47 attempts, or something similar. For ages we’ve complained about needing a goal kicker, How signing Mbye would solve the issue. The issue was already solved. Marsters is the man.

• ehhh

He hasn’t really had the most difficult attempts but looks to be improving that’s for sure…. but I wouldn’t go as far to say I’m comfortable with him kicking yet

• Definitely on the improve, I thought with the arrival of Mybe he would be handed the goal kicking duties but obviously not the case. Maybe the two had a shoot out or Ivan is very confident in Marsters ability as he has kicked something like 11 consecutive goals.

• Im Happy with this element of Esans Game.

The difficulty of the kicks pays tribute to the team scoring on a higher grade of position on the field.

I would like to see better offloads and for him to run more . I would like to see him in a Fonua / Hurrell like style that can terrorise the opposition.

• Greatly improved part of his game, happy for him and the team.

• Banned

@:

Im Happy with this element of Esans Game.

The difficulty of the kicks pays tribute to the team scoring on a higher grade of position on the field.

I would like to see better offloads and for him to run more . I would like to see him in a Fonua / Hurrell like style that can terrorise the opposition.

Agree, he was arguably the best centre in the comp for the first 10 weeks gone off the boil a bit somewhat though, just needs to go back to doing what he was good at

• @:

Has gone virtually unmentioned over the last few weeks. Has kicked something like 37 goals from 47 attempts, or something similar. For ages we’ve complained about needing a goal kicker, How signing Mbye would solve the issue. The issue was already solved. Marsters is the man.

More to do with the fact it’s easier to bag players than give them a wrap.

I was hoping Mbye would take over the goal kicking but Marsters has improved out of sight and deserves to keep the job.

• Banned

Some big kicks on the weekend under pressure from out wide. His kicking is developing very well.

• I agree. Esan doesn’t hit the holes enough. He catches the ball, angles back towards the post usually and makes 5 metres and gets gang tackled. He needs to be more diverse. He started the year off well but he looks to be feeling it out there lately. If he can get it together he can be a less moronic BJ Leilua. Has all the same ability as BJ except BJ hits a hole better when he has to.

• He strikes the ball well, doesn’t try to “over kick” it which is good. Still room for improvement which is the good thing but surely Hodgo and Ivan have given him a few tips to work on.

• For a guy who was a try scoring and hole running freak in the lower grades it’s funny how this part of his game has almost disappeared entirely in the NRL. Obviously a step up in quality, but his ability to hit a gap and use his footwork close to the line was phenomenal and his main strength.

He seems overly concerned about being a team player though, always looking to setup his team mates by attracting defenders and offloading. Or making metres to get the team down field. This is all well and good, but he also needs to back himself far more. As it stands no other centre in the NRL has scored fewer tries than he has. He’s a centre not a prop, he needs to focus on scoring and assisting tries not just making metres on halfway.

His goal-kicking has improved a lot though. A sensational effort for someone that had never kicked a ball a year ago. Still needs more consistency from out wide but his recent form with the boot is very encouraging!

• He is certainly hitting them sweetly and I love seeing how high they go… he is certainly powerful.

• Kicking at 81% from memory

• He’s going ok
    Not as good as Hobbo Jnr !

• ForumSupporter

Umm i did this when he was 20 from 24 he went on to o miss 4 in a row ….so good one

Recent Topics