Brooks
Masters
Mats

:deadhorse:

@:

@:

@:

Also I’ve been critics of packerlino for a while but I really think they earned their dough. The whole forward pack did

Packelino have different roles to what we are used to as props, and a little unconventional - packer in particular draws defence and gets quick play the balls, he was a big factor in the first try. Matulino seems more defensively focused in his role. They both control the ruck really well.

We aren’t going to see high meterage from either, but tonight was a great example as to why that doesn’t matter and why it’s seems like they are not directed by the coach to play that way.

Spot on

Packers run knocked out the two strong edge defenders opening the space for Esan to score. Esan did well, but packer created the season space and removed chrichton and burgess (I think)

Brooks
Masters
Thompson

But they all played well.

@:

@:

@:

@:

Also I’ve been critics of packerlino for a while but I really think they earned their dough. The whole forward pack did

Packelino have different roles to what we are used to as props, and a little unconventional - packer in particular draws defence and gets quick play the balls, he was a big factor in the first try. Matulino seems more defensively focused in his role. They both control the ruck really well.

We aren’t going to see high meterage from either, but tonight was a great example as to why that doesn’t matter and why it’s seems like they are not directed by the coach to play that way.

Spot on

Packers run knocked out the two strong edge defenders opening the space for Esan to score. Esan did well, but packer created the season space and removed chrichton and burgess (I think)

But, but, but, someone tapping on a pad shows that he didn’t run as many meters as Joe Blow, which for some is all that matters.

@:

@:

@:

@:

Spot on

But, but, but, someone tapping on a pad shows that he didn’t run as many meters as Joe Blow, which for some is all that matters.

Yeah IC seems very concerned about the runs meters of his front rowers. Guess that’s why he dropped Twal to ISP.

…no one had points for Kev?
I thought he played better than all Souths outside backs.
However I do agree that Marsters trumped him.
Next year, if we get a better centre that Kevy will be doing well. And I’m not forgetting that Fonua will be back. Fonua may or may not be the answers in the centres on the other side to Marsters.
Marsters and Kev have done well.

@:

Next year, if we get a better centre that Kevy will be doing well. And I’m not forgetting that Fonua will be back. Fonua may or may not be the answers in the centres on the other side to Marsters.

Even when others were gushing about Mahe’s meters, Kev was and has always been my choice of the two.

@:

Bombing certain TRIES will do that…

@:

@:

Harsh

@:

@:

@:

Harsh

Harsh? Yep. That was like a checky little nut wack.
However Kevy always seems to be there. Fonua would have been two metres behind.

@:

@:

@:

Harsh

I thought he had a good game overall and has been good all year but to feature in the points when so many played so well those things matter…

but if you insist…Ummm OK Chee-Kam OUT Kev IN…

@:

@:

@:

@:

Harsh

I thought he had a good game overall and has been good all year but to feature in the points when so many played so well those things matter…

Defensively Kev was very good , shut down some big attacking raids and made some telling runs from deep inside our half

Yeah he has bombed two tries in two weeks , fortunately the farm was riding on them this week

@:

@:

@:

@:

Harsh

😒
Go to spec savers old man ….
Kev got a dud bounce !

Chee Kam ain’t going nowhere!

@:

@:

@:

@:

Spot on

Yeah IC seems very concerned about the runs meters of his front rowers. Guess that’s why he dropped Twal to ISP.

Russ has got a fan club. He was less than ordinary a few weeks back and deserved to be questioned on his performance - didnt need to look at his stats it was obvious Played pretty good the last two weeks - good for him and the team.
The inclusion of Farah and Mybe, and Benji back - seems to have energized the whole team Packer included.

Russ has a fan club? sign me up I guess but Mats is the better of the two.

Farah has given us direction and decent service that others have been unable to do consistently from dummy half this year.

Mbye or “Mybe” just looks all class in our side. The guy has a real football brain and his progress has been hampered at the Dogs.

Benji has learnt to manager a game and is doing an ok job of it, but Brooks is the real hero in the halves.

Recent Topics

Support our community by clicking here and joining our Forum Support Scheme

Can’t log in or access your account?
Send an email to contact@weststigersforum.com and we’ll get you back online.