Hit on Robbie

• At speed, I thought it was close to a coat hanger…in slow mo, though, looked like a strong tackle, so a penalty may have sufficed…This said, Sam and bros thread a very fine line between a good hit and a vicious one. IMHO.
    But great to see Robbie back on his feet at the end of the game - player safety, before the game.

• Saws contact was on the chest, as was the other defender. Though at some stage both of them do make some contact with the head , all be it minor. By the letter of the law thats a penalty…but there is contact with the head alot.

We had a few 50/50s that probably went against us as well, that was just more notable cause of the circumstances.

• @:

At speed, I thought it was close to a coat hanger…in slow mo, though, looked like a strong tackle, so a penalty may have sufficed…This said, Sam and bros thread a very fine line between a good hit and a vicious one. IMHO.
    But great to see Robbie back on his feet at the end of the game - player safety, before the game.

Yes Sam did absolutely smash him to smitherines but Robbie got back up.Only for George to finish the job later.When Sam stood over him as robbie was dribbling blood I didn’t like how Sam said Robbie get up you weak c???

• Those dudes are blatant thugs.

• Tackle was fair imo , would have spewed if one of our players had been cited

I do have a question though , with the questions Sam was asking in regards to sending Robbie for a HIA was the tackle intentional ……??

• @:

Those dudes are blatant thugs.

I agree, Sam Burgess, in particular has always been a thug who aims to hurt wherever possible and who often picks on smaller players.

• @:

@:

I agree, Sam Burgess, in particular has always been a thug who aims to hurt wherever possible and who often picks on smaller players.

Yep, no need for it.
    I love a big hit but this guy was running around aimlessly tonight just trying to inflict pain to people.
    Do we need another Alex mckinnon incident for this idiot to pull his head in?

• @:

@:

That is Souths problem.Rely on him too much.If he gets injured or suspended in finals they are screwed.

• Cheap shot Summy spent the entire game trying to line up players to slam their heads into the ground. A true champion piece of Souffs scum.

• Banned

Sam’s a thug but jeez youd love him to play for your team

• While looking at Sams arm how did all commentators ignore the fact he lead to farahs head with his shoulder? That’s where the damage was done and where the big danger to player welfare lies. Cheap shot Sammy is the real “week Ben Hunt” here.

• Would we say he’s a bigger thug than Morley??
    Can’t handle any of the Burgess grubs….league was a great place when he was playing union…

• @:

While looking at Sams arm how did all commentators ignore the fact he lead to farahs head with his shoulder? That’s where the damage was done and where the big danger to player welfare lies. Cheap shot Sammy is the real “week Ben Hunt” here.

Exactly. The commentator who questioned the legitimacy of the high tackle claim should be embarrassed. That Farah had blood coming from his nose/face seemed to escape his grasp on reality.

• @:

Cheap shot Summy spent the entire game trying to line up players to slam their heads into the ground. A true champion piece of Souffs scum.

When his team is behind he thugs it up trying to pull off a big hit to get his team on the front foot again. Often has the opposite affect.

Recent Topics