In and Out who makes the biggest difference

• Thought I’d have a look at how we have gone when some of our individuals were out or in different positions

What it shows is how improtant Benji and Packer and Matulino are and what great signings Farah and Mbye were because THompson at FB and Taylor at hooker meant losses

Benji
    In - 9 wins , 6 losses
    Out- 0 wins, 3 losses

Packer
    In - 8 wins, 6 losses
    Out - 1 win, 3 losses

Eisenhuth
    Starting Lock - 4 wins, 6 losses
    Starting Prop - 1 win, 1 loss
    Interchange - 4 wins, 2 losses

Aloia
    Starting - 3 wins, 1 loss
    Bench - 4 wins, 6 losses
    Not Playing - 2 wins, 2 losses

Fonua
    In - 2 wins, 5 losses
    Out - 7 wins, 4 losses

Tim Grant
    In - 0 wins, 5 losses
    Out - 9 wins, 4 losses

Liddle
    In- 5 wins, 3 losses
    Out - 4 wins, 6 losses

Matulino
    In - 9 wins, 8 Losses
    Out 0 wins, 1 loss

Sue
    In - 4 wins, 5 losses
    Out - 5 wins, 4 losses

ET
    Starting Hooker - 1 win, 4 losses
    Starting Lock - 5 wins, 2 losses
    Not Playing - 3 wins, 3 losses

Corey Thompson
    Fullback -3 wins, 6 losses
    Wing -6 wins, 3 Losses

• ForumSupporter

Lolohea

• Knew it all along

Tim Grant was the problem…

• Banned

Our spine was always the problem. Also I’m not sure if we’d be going any better if Reynolds was fully fit

• When Packer or Benji are out we have 2 wins and 6 losses - If we can keen our starting props and spine on the field then we will finish the season strong

• Well done - Thanks (it is a bit of an eye opener).

• @:

Well done - Thanks (it is a bit of an eye opener).

It’s only half a story though. I do appreciate the work by OP but also single players in/out are misleading. E.g. how many games when Benji was out were we also missing other key players? Or who is the backup in that position if Player X is out.

I did an analysis of the “players we missed the most” up until end 2017 and the #1 player was Tim Simona. But I felt it wasn’t so much Simona himself, as the lack of replacements in the centres, because we were calling on guys like Daniela, Hoeter and Milone.

Same with Brooks, we hardly ever win when he’s out, but that’s because the backup HB options in the past have been guys like Drinkwater and JLJ. Brooks also rarely gets injured, so we aren’t talking a critical # of games.

• Tim Grant lol. Look up plodder in the dictionary and his face should be there.

• What’s the stats for Reynolds?

• Funny stats there with Fonua… purely cooincidental though

• Really interesting post, thanks for taking the time.

No surprises regarding the likes of ET/Grant but good to confirm in numbers what instinct already knew.

• @:

Our spine was always the problem. Also I’m not sure if we’d be going any better if Reynolds was fully fit

From the few minutes he has played, in my mind it was clear that he will make a positive contribution when fully fit.

• Timid Moltzen used to have good win/loss stats too especially at the start of his career.Stats are often misleading

• @:

Timid Moltzen used to have good win/loss stats too especially at the start of his career.Stats are often misleading

Wasn’t Sauce the player who enjoyed the highest percentage of wins in his career here?

• This means zero.

Recent Topics