A clearer picture

• After watching Parra nearly knock South off the shine of our two wins has been taken off.

It’s clear that South form has dropped which probably flattered us, I still think we played really good in that game and executed well but Souths were off and are still off.

As for the Dragons game, they were way off which definitely helped our cause.

In hindsight I don’t think we were going as good as we thought, we faced two teams back to back who were probably going through the post origin blues which we benefitted from.

I think the Dogs fans could say the same about their win against us, we were off which helped them out greatly.
    You wouldn’t exactly be excited about that win as a Dogs fan.

I think we got a bit too excited about our win over the Bunnies when in hindsight its not looking that flash now

• I don’t know if our attitude can in anyway be attributed to the opposition.
    WE didn’t turn up on Fri night, that was evident very early.
    It was a different mindset this week to the previous two, it’s gotta be a mental thing

• ForumSupporter

Yep…we only won cause those other 2 sucked…

• Yes your 100% correct…… in my opinion our forwards have been owned way too often since rd 7 or so. We lost some aggression that we had early in the season. Also using so many players in different positions due to injury or Hia’s have crushed us. Our spine hasnt been settled also and we don’t actually have a player that can turn a game.

• It’s funny how every time we play a top 4 team they are having a bad day/night

We played poorly on Friday and if we put in an effort like that either of the previous two weeks we get lapped

• I was thinking the same thing watching Souths last night. I’m wondering if they have peaked.

• @:

After watching Parra nearly knock South off the shine of our two wins has been taken off.

It’s clear that South form has dropped which probably flattered us, I still think we played really good in that game and executed well but Souths were off and are still off.

As for the Dragons game, they were way off which definitely helped our cause.

In hindsight I don’t think we were going as good as we thought, we faced two teams back to back who were probably going through the post origin blues which we benefitted from.

I think the Dogs fans could say the same about their win against us, we were off which helped them out greatly.
    You wouldn’t exactly be excited about that win as a Dogs fan.

I think we got a bit too excited about our win over the Bunnies when in hindsight its not looking that flash now

Ha! Great analysis!
    I knew there was more to those wins this year. Couldn’t possibly done it all by ourselves.
    Give yourself an uppercut supporter.

• I’m not trying to discredit those two wins, as I said I think we played and executed our game plan well against Souths.

Just trying to put them into perspective.
    Let’s be honest, if Souths and the Dragons were on top of their games they beat us convincingly.

Waiting for the “you can only beat what’s in front of you” comments.
    Which is rubbish!!
    The Dogs game proved that the previous two wins had help from our opposition.
    And Parra nearly beating the Bunnies confirmed it.

If your mediocre horse beats a group 1 superstar on a bad day does if mean your horse is no longer mediocre?

• @:

It’s funny how every time we play a top 4 team they are having a bad day/night

We played poorly on Friday and if we put in an effort like that either of the previous two weeks we get lapped

100% CFK - I thought the game against Souths was our best full performance all year. Souths didn’t play that badly, we just didn’t allow them to play their style of game because of our fast line speed and dominant performance in the tackle. We were up and in on them with enthusiasm which frustrated them and led to errors that in turn we capitalised on with good game management. The effort Friday against the Dogs was far below this - we went through the motions without any real intent or hunger. They simply wanted to win more than us and we allowed them to believe they could - they were far from explosive but were strong in D and ran hard which was more than could be said for us.

Once again - in situations and on stages that present us with an opportunity to take control of our destiny, like the Titans game or like this one, we come up short.
    Is it belief, or confidence? Why can’t we win when we really should?

• ForumSupporter

@:

I’m not trying to discredit those two wins, as I said I think we played and executed our game plan well against Souths.

Just trying to put them into perspective.
    Let’s be honest, if Souths and the Dragons were on top of their games they beat us convincingly.

Waiting for the “you can only beat what’s in front of you” comments.
    Which is rubbish!!
    The Dogs game proved that the previous two wins had help from our opposition.
    And Parra nearly beating the Bunnies confirmed it.

If your mediocre horse beats a group 1 superstar on a bad day does if mean your horse is no longer mediocre?

Yes you are be honest…

• @:

@:

It’s funny how every time we play a top 4 team they are having a bad day/night

100% CFK - I thought the game against Souths was our best full performance all year. Souths didn’t play that badly, we just didn’t allow them to play their style of game because of our fast line speed and dominant performance in the tackle. We were up and in on them with enthusiasm which frustrated them and led to errors that in turn we capitalised on with good game management. The effort Friday against the Dogs was far below this - we went through the motions without any real intent or hunger. They simply wanted to win more than us and we allowed them to believe they could - they were far from explosive but were strong in D and ran hard which was more than could be said for us.

Once again - in situations and on stages that present us with an opportunity to take control of our destiny, like the Titans game or like this one, we come up short.
    Is it belief, or confidence? Why can’t we win when we really should?

I think the team starts to get ahead of themselves and believe it should be an easy win and just don’t get up for the game. Once you start with a poor mindset it’s hard to change it. We need to focus on getting up for every game.

• Watch the actual games we didnt turn up this week and we played passive. I think the dewie track scared us and we played a simple game even when on their line.

We played to safe

• Complacency is the problem when playing the out of contention sides. It was very evident on Friday night with the complete lack of intensity.
    Having said that, they have exceeded all expectations from what I was expecting at the start of the season.

• We were flat on Friday no doubt due to the physicality of the Souths’ game, It took a lot out of the team and 5 HIAs is no better example of how physical the game was and the impact on the team.

• @:

Watch the actual games we didnt turn up this week and we played passive. I think the dewie track scared us and we played a simple game even when on their line.

We played to safe

The biggest problem was we didn’t build pressure with consecutive sets like we have been able to do this season

Our kicking game as whole was extremely ordinary again , the Dogs rolled us up the guts and we struggled to get field position consistently and we continually were trying to start sets from our own 10 metre zone

Dogs played very good footy , their completion rate was very high and they didn’t miss a heap of tackles

Personally (with the help of hindsight ) I think this would have been a good game to play Liddle and get him attacking from dummy half , we didn’t really put any pressure on the Dogs they didn’t look like they were pressured at all

Recent Topics