Help Needed

• Hello everyone I need help on how to best start a petition so that the NRL will release players contact values and TPA’s sick of it now after the Broncos Roosters and Storm pounding the pooch

Any advice will help

• Good luck. The players would have to consent to that I would imagine, and there’s buckley’s chance of that happening.

• it is a good idea but it will never happen.The NRL would not want everyone to see just how incompetent they are.At the moment most people believe they are incompetent full disclosure would prove it.

• ForumSupporter

I don’t think a petition would work…needs a rally…

• Hey the Queen. There are heaps of these kind of sites available online or on facebook.
    I think it’s a great idea, but I am skeptical.

It is clear the salary cap and TPA situation is a joke and there are a few teams which have been cheating it.

I would say that people should start not showing up to games; but crowds are already pathetic.
    I would say we should vote with our wallets and stop paying memberships until the NRL’s hypocrisy and duplicity is uncovered and stopped; but that may just hurt the very clubs we want to help.

I have contacted the NRL a number of times in an effort to gain an understanding as to how the NRL auditor views arrangements which seem to circumvent the TPA laws, but have been met with absolute silence.

The fact is, the NRL can release all the contract values, but they won’t account for the TPA’s. And should they? Wouldn’t this come down to breaching privacy laws, not to mention other restraint-of-trade arguments?
    Players will always get “paper bags” and TPA laws will always be exploited. To what extent the NRL allow it is perhaps a more pertinent issue.

Despite that, my opinion is, that as long as the Roosters, Broncos, etc can break the TPA laws then so can every other club. And should do so.
    But do our management don’t have the stones or know-how to do so?
    We should recruit Brisbane and Roosters ex execs and get them to do what they do best.
    We have a massive supporter base. The country’s wealthiest man as our sponsor….a huge catchment area…juniors and development nursery etc etc etc.

How we can’t organise a few TPA’s a’la the big boys is just unbelievably pathetic and comes down to inept, submissive and uninspired management.

It is sour grapes I know. I hate it.

• @:

Yawn ……

• @:

Hey the Queen. There are heaps of these kind of sites available online or on facebook.
    I think it’s a great idea, but I am skeptical.

It is clear the salary cap and TPA situation is a joke and there are a few teams which have been cheating it.

I would say that people should start not showing up to games; but crowds are already pathetic.
    I would say we should vote with our wallets and stop paying memberships until the NRL’s hypocrisy and duplicity is uncovered and stopped; but that may just hurt the very clubs we want to help.

I have contacted the NRL a number of times in an effort to gain an understanding as to how the NRL auditor views arrangements which seem to circumvent the TPA laws, but have been met with absolute silence.

The fact is, the NRL can release all the contract values, but they won’t account for the TPA’s. And should they? Wouldn’t this come down to breaching privacy laws, not to mention other restraint-of-trade arguments?
    Players will always get “paper bags” and TPA laws will always be exploited. To what extent the NRL allow it is perhaps a more pertinent issue.

Despite that, my opinion is, that as long as the Roosters, Broncos, etc can break the TPA laws then so can every other club. And should do so.
    But do our management don’t have the stones or know-how to do so?
    We should recruit Brisbane and Roosters ex execs and get them to do what they do best.
    We have a massive supporter base. The country’s wealthiest man as our sponsor….a huge catchment area…juniors and development nursery etc etc etc.

How we can’t organise a few TPA’s a’la the big boys is just unbelievably pathetic and comes down to inept, submissive and uninspired management.

It is sour grapes I know. I hate it.

I just would like to know that the club that spents the most wins and have it official for all to see or the one that cheats the most wins easy

Also what gets me as well is the draw favours teams it’s cheating was talking to a guy who works at the Sharks and I said it’s worst then taking drugs to win if you have a set standard 7 day turnaround most weeks it helps the players buy having a set standard regime the mental preparation is huge two days to come down after the game two days to have normal training then last couple of days to build back up for the game

• There are lots of sports that do this. Almost every code in the US does. No one sees it as an invasion, it’s standard. But Aussies are a very precious, conservative bunch.

At the very least, if the info doesn’t become available to the entire public it should be available to select stakeholders who can verify a level playing field.

All salary info, in the cap and TPAs needs to be listed in a database somewhere. And not just for the cap auditors, that’s not transparent enough.

Not sure a petition would be the way to go though but you could give it a go if you want. There’s no shortage of petition building websites on Google.

• ForumSupporter

@:

@:

Yawn ……

Tired…?

• @:

@:

@:

Yawn ……

Tired…?

I know a fella who used to specialize in rallies……BBF,but I think he is over them now…wouldnt hurt to ask,although the answer might not be what is needed… 😆

• @:

@:

@:

@:

Yawn ……

Tired…?

I know a fella who used to specialize in rallies……BBF,but I think he is over them now…wouldnt hurt to ask,although the answer might not be what is needed… 😆

Me too…. a saints supporter…
    What ever happened to him?

• Phil Gould makes some good comments on Twitter. One person asked him about TPAs recently and if they should be made public.

Phil replied that the NRL would be too embarassed to make TPAs public right now and he didn’t think they would ever be.

That in itself, coming from someone ‘in the know’ is damning. It implies that some clubs are fielding sides worth many millions of dollars more than others in the same competition.

We all ‘know’ this to be the case but it would be good to have it confirmed.

• PM me if you are serious. I have a licence to software that makes it incredibly simple to run a grass roots Getup style campaign.

Before you PM me you will need to find a website person/ marketing person to help you.

I suggest you post here asking for people with skills to opt into a small team. If you get some support we can then setup a conference call and I will show you the process.

I think a petition like you describe would work.

You need a catchy name

Eg stop the boats
    Guns and jobs
    Stop the trawler

You also need initial momentum. The forums like this one would help cover that. A couple of NRL players have spoken about this issue and hence may get behind it.

Nothing changes unless people stand up and make change happen

• Whilst I agree with the intent, how many of us here will stand up and happily post their income and income sources. No chance, and nor should they.

This will only happen if the players are employed by the NRL and then contracted to teams.

The fact is we know it happens, why does it need to be confirmed?

• Wont happen I raised this with the previous chairman in front of many NRL heavyweights a year ago. A fairly prominent Media figure pulled me aside and let me know in no uncertain terms it won’t happen. Unveiling. The disparity would damage everyone in leadership and the game as a whole.

Recent Topics