Live game thread v Knights, *spoilers*

• Really hard game to get a good read on , obviously we were carrying 2 players with Marshall and Thompson not 100 % and the first 20 was pretty good

2nd twenty was pretty good , 3rd twenty was tripe and the last 20 OK

I tell Brooks he need to run more , I think he may have overdone it last night

All I will say is this , I’m glad Pearce wasn’t fit for the entire 80 minutes

Win is a win though , you don’t need to draw a picture , take the two points and move on , save the better performance for a bigger game

Like next week , Canberra in Canberra , wouldn’t we love to well and truly bury that hoodoo

• Banned

So many times I have screamed at our own players (on tv) to get off the guy that I thought we deserved double penalties we received against us. HRH is the main offender.

• @:

@:

A good win in the end.
    Some poor refereeing, especially missing forward passes and the usual ‘nothing’ penalties.
    We were better than the final score indicated … and a long way off the refs looking at us favourably.

Geez I’m sick of the whinging about the ref bias last night! If anything Newcastle fans should be spewing. As I said above we received four penalties right in front of the sticks for eight points last night - the last one virtually handed us the game! That is a significant advantage for any team! I guess our supporters will always see our team as being the disadvantaged victims of ref bias, no matter how good we have it.

It’s really not that simple.

The penalty count can be even, we could get a few penalties right in front, but how many didn’t they blow. How many tries didn’t we score because they kept giving away the penalty to save themselves.

There is a lot more to it and I’m with everyone else we get no favours at all!

• Finishes like this explain why I am due for a third bout of open heart surgery in about 12 months time.

I hate that I love this club.

• @:

@:

@:

A good win in the end.
    Some poor refereeing, especially missing forward passes and the usual ‘nothing’ penalties.
    We were better than the final score indicated … and a long way off the refs looking at us favourably.

Geez I’m sick of the whinging about the ref bias last night! If anything Newcastle fans should be spewing. As I said above we received four penalties right in front of the sticks for eight points last night - the last one virtually handed us the game! That is a significant advantage for any team! I guess our supporters will always see our team as being the disadvantaged victims of ref bias, no matter how good we have it.

The penalty count can be even, we could get a few penalties right in front, but how many didn’t they blow. How many tries didn’t we score because they kept giving away the penalty to save themselves.

I couldn’t watch live so was able to watch a reply already knowing the score. With virtually no emotional investment, I agree that Newcastle were only in the game due to refereeing. The leg-ups they got in the ruck WERE really questionable IMO, and certainly not consistent with the rest of the game.

• @:

@:

@:

@:

A good win in the end.

I couldn’t watch live so was able to watch a reply already knowing the score. With virtually no emotional investment, I agree that Newcastle were only in the game due to refereeing. The leg-ups they got in the ruck WERE really questionable IMO, and certainly not consistent with the rest of the game.

Yep, its not something you can point to a stat and say this and that. Its the general feel of the game.

The refs favoured the Knights.

• Interesting comment by Ivan about getting less second half penalties than any other team. I’d argue that penalties seem to go the way of the team with momentum, the team that is dominating, and this adds to them keeping the momentum. If we aren’t getting second half penalties very often, then it’s probably because we are often losing the domination battle in the second half of a lot of our games. Just a thought… it opposes the other one I have, that the NRL have their favourites and most refs blatantly cane us!

• Our 6 points from penalty e were all legitimate penalties….
    They scored 2 tries which really should have been pulled up one mautautia offside where Benji passed to him and the other a blatant forward pass

Recent Topics