Ivan Cleary - THREAD..

• @:

@:

@:

@:

Correct Swordy !

SG is full of crap and the desperado’s are clinging onto every hope 😆

Plenty of good coaches available. Seibold, Flanagan, McGuire etc the players are a must. Not negotiable. Part of this deal will be to weaken Penrith. I’d take Edwards whare and either JFH or CHN + 2-3 million in a buy out plus compensation. If they don’t want to do that then Cleary stays fulfils his contract and goes to Penrith later. Alternately if Cleary still wants out, release him on the proviso he can’t coach in any facet at an nrl club until 2021

AND GRIFFIN! Who will have an axe to grind. Why is nobody talking to me?

Cos he’s a dud whose unpopular with players.

So we’re lead to believe. Apparently telling his side of the story on NRL 360 tonight, should be interesting. I don’t have Foxtel, so if someone could please share what was said afterwards, it would be much appreciated.

• @:

@:

@:

@:

Plenty of good coaches available. Seibold, Flanagan, McGuire etc the players are a must. Not negotiable. Part of this deal will be to weaken Penrith. I’d take Edwards whare and either JFH or CHN + 2-3 million in a buy out plus compensation. If they don’t want to do that then Cleary stays fulfils his contract and goes to Penrith later. Alternately if Cleary still wants out, release him on the proviso he can’t coach in any facet at an nrl club until 2021

So we’re lead to believe. Apparently telling his side of the story on NRL 360 tonight, should be interesting. I don’t have Foxtel, so if someone could please share what was said afterwards, it would be much appreciated.

• @:

@:

@:

Again, players as compensation is no good to us whatsoever.

Who decides if what we get is any good? Pascoe? Go? Bailey the weatherman?

WE DONT HAVE A COACH!!!

This isn’t a player swap, it’s a coach swap !!!

Correct Swordy !

SG is full of crap and the desperado’s are clinging onto every hope 😆

or Ivan stays if WT match the financial offer from Penrith and plays golf 5 days a week, really being focused on getting his handicap down.

• @:

I think a lot of people here will be eating humble pie soon

I don’t

What makes you think that

• Im excited at the prospect of having one captain again.

• @:

Six Tackles with Gus.

Very interesting to listen too

https://omny.fm/shows/six-tackles-with-gus/six-tackles-with-gus-round-22

Thanks for the link.

It sounds like Pamfers were sounding him out for 2 years time and Ivan suggested next season. Panthers didn’t expect this and fast tracked the firing of current coach to facilitate.

Take Gus with a grain of salt but if what he says is even half truths than Ivan has really done a low act to Wests.

Regarding Nathan, well gus flat out lies stating that Ivan coming back has nothing to with nathan staying at the club.

• @:

@:

I think a lot of people here will be eating humble pie soon

I don’t

What makes you think that

Yeah, every sign points to a bad outcome re ivan and tigers
    Where is the humble pie? @kul

• @:

@:

@:

@:

Send me a direct message mate. I’ll might be able to help out

• @:

Im excited at the prospect of having one captain again.

Same here.

• Its done guys! Cleary’s position at Wests Tigers is untenable. Even if he did see out his contract at The Tigers, how would that reflect on things like his player recruitment? Knowing that in 2 years time, he would be coaching Penrith anyway. Thats a conflict of interest right there.

Cleary has to go now as this is beyond repair imo

• @:

Ivan Cleary addressed the Wests Tigers players on Wednesday morning for the first time since news broke of Penrith’s plan to lure him back.

NRL.com understands he couldn’t guarantee where he would be next season. He couldn’t lie to his players, admitting he had a tough family decision to make.

The Tigers have called an extraordinary board meeting on Wednesday night to discuss the future of the organisation, however as it stands Cleary has not yet asked for a release and is not expected to front the board.

Ivan Cleary addresses players as Wests Tigers discuss compensation option NRL.com

Also fox sports are reporting that Nathan has just resigned till 2024 with Penrith.If this IS the case were screwed.

• I am still stunned by proceedings.

How did this happen? To think someone who has been so uprightly by-the-book and renowned for his integrity, going out of his way to knock on the Panther’s door with an offer to break his contract with existing club who he now leaves in dire straits, especially with regard to stability and recruitment.

Surely we all wake up from this nightmare and things are where they were a week ago. Ivan will do insurmountable damage to his brand when he walks out those doors for good.

• @:

@:

Six Tackles with Gus.

Thanks for the link.

It sounds like Pamfers were sounding him out for 2 years time and Ivan suggested next season. Panthers didn’t expect this and fast tracked the firing of current coach to facilitate.

Take Gus with a grain of salt but if what he says is even half truths than Ivan has really done a low act to Wests.

Regarding Nathan, well gus flat out lies stating that Ivan coming back has nothing to with nathan staying at the club.

Wouldn’t trust fat head Gould as far as I could throw him. Why sound out an under contract coach for 2 years time? What, were hey going to tread water with another coach until then?
    Rubbish
    This is all a desperate ploy to get Nathan to stay and snr is an idiot if he doesn’t see this. And if IC did suggest next year bad luck, he can see out his contract and when Penrith find another coach we can let him go at our convenience not his.
    Ooh aah.

• @:

@:

Six Tackles with Gus.

Thanks for the link.

Low act by IC if even half truth in it. Definitely surpassed Mitchell Moses in my books if he sounded them out for next season.

• If he did want to speed things up to move over to Panthers there has to be more to it than just his son. Wonder if there are still issues with Wests club we dont know about?

Recent Topics