Ivan Cleary - THREAD..

• Kent knows bugger all. Stabs in the dark

• @:

@:

@:

@:

The reality of this whole sage is:

1. Any “commitment” Cleary makes beyond his contract basically gives up the goose on what Nathan is doing with his contract.
    2. Any “commitment” Nathan makes beyond his contract basically gives up the goose on what Ivan is doing with his contract.

One side is going to be very disappointed and both teams are in finals contention.

Whether Ivan says nothing (as he has done) or he makes a statement that he wants to either stay at the Tigers beyond 2020 or move to the Panthers, it’s a lose/lose as far as media storms go. Vice versa for his son Nathan.

This might just be the lesser of 2 evils.

This is the reality of it. What Nathan announces gives the game away. It’s a great point.

This whole thing will blow up again once Nathan makes his announcement. We can only hope it’s in our favour.

I don’t get this. If our board are determined that Ivan won’t be leaving, do we really think Penrith will just sign a nuftie “interim” coach for 2 years. They’ll sign the best coach they can, and if the new coach is any good, who says they’ll want Ivan later?

(Not that it will stop things from blowing up again)

A problem for Penrith now if they insist on waiting for Cleary. Cant see any experienced coach signing for just two years keeping the seat warm for Cleary - unless one of the sacked coaches like Toovey or Henry use it as a leg up to get back in the fray.
    Gould may have to wear the hat if Ciraldo doesnt meet expectation.

Bennett. 2 years and then off to travel the country in a caravan!

• @:

Penrith banking on IC to sign deal with them from 2021, hoping Wests Tigers will see no point in hanging on to someone who is leaving going forward therefore releasing IC to start next year. Thats the plan. The only fly in the ointment is our club. Ivan has said he will honour his contract and therefore will not risk publicly going back on his word. It’s up to Wests Tigers to continue our stance and maintain the moral and ethical high ground by enforcing the contract so our club maintains the momentum it is building. The incompetence of Penriths board in leaking information and going off prematurely should not be allowed to derail this club.

This isnt a fairy tale, with the" Maintaining the moral and ethical high ground,"
    THIS IS RUGBY LEAGUE,
    A great game that we all love, but as for ethics and higher ground, that, only applies when someone wants it to,
    Most of the times all clubs will get down and dirty if if there is some gain in it for them.
    We are no better or worse than the others. ’
    Some are just better in how they operate, but when the crunch comes will have no hesitation in doing everything to get their own way
    It Happens!!! no point in worrying too much about ethics, as it is a very fleeting thing in most sports especially ours, the moment a club sees an opening they’l chuck ethics into the nearest bin.
    Its just only a matter of time until two others are having a barney’

• @:

@:

@:

I don’t think Ivan will return back to Penrith. I think Ivan would lose all of the credibility that he has built up over the years. Especially by going grovelling back to Penrith would undermine him as an intelligent NRL coach.

If he decides to go back to Penrith ( or anywhere else for that matter)when his contract expires, he wont lose any credibility at all.
    He will owe nothing at all to us and will be a competely free agent, and can go wherever he wants to.

In firm agreeance with you for once GCT.

Good to see you showing loads of good sense CB 😃

• @:

@:

@:

@:

This is the reality of it. What Nathan announces gives the game away. It’s a great point.

This whole thing will blow up again once Nathan makes his announcement. We can only hope it’s in our favour.

I don’t get this. If our board are determined that Ivan won’t be leaving, do we really think Penrith will just sign a nuftie “interim” coach for 2 years. They’ll sign the best coach they can, and if the new coach is any good, who says they’ll want Ivan later?

A problem for Penrith now if they insist on waiting for Cleary. Cant see any experienced coach signing for just two years keeping the seat warm for Cleary - unless one of the sacked coaches like Toovey or Henry use it as a leg up to get back in the fray.

I don’t think Bennett is that silly just to sign a 2 year contract just to help Gus out of a pickle.
    He’ll demand a 3 or 4 year contract so he can get another big payout.

• @:

@:

@:

@:

they just don’t stop talking about the Cleary family

If Kent said this and it is not true then Ivan and the Club should Sue Kent for damages

Making false allegations and causing untold stress on Ivan the club and its fans
    Not to mention trying to damage our brand

He later in the program said, “If Ivan isnt at Penrith, wayne Bennett will be”

Says it all…hedging bets

If he throws enough darts he’ll eventually hit the bullseye

If it’s not IC or Bennett than it will be Pink

And if it’s not Pink it will be a fetus

These guys really need to find a job they are competent at

Absolutely useless strike rate

Funny thing is after having triple figure guesses at what’s going on and when one of them comes of they will claim 'i told you so ’ and make out they knew all along

• @:

@:

I see your Paul Kent and raise you a Matty Johns who said Ivan is a man of his word…

I am not saying I believe Kent, just letting the people without FOX know it is still going on, and in there words will keep going on until Ivan answers the hard question’s

Kent is full of it.

• @:

The way I see it, we are in the same boat as a month ago. Ie. Ivan is here at least until the end of his contract. If anything, we have more certainty with Ivan saying as much.

WRONG ! Everything is not the same. It’s changed significantly. The fact that it took Ivan 5 days to respond shows his mind may be be somewhere else! The seed has been planted.

• @:

@:

The way I see it, we are in the same boat as a month ago. Ie. Ivan is here at least until the end of his contract. If anything, we have more certainty with Ivan saying as much.

WRONG ! Everything is not the same. It’s changed significantly. The fact that it took Ivan 5 days to respond shows his mind may be be somewhere else! The seed has been planted.

Only thing that has changed is your personal opinion of the bloke.

• @:

@:

@:

@:

I see your Paul Kent and raise you a Matty Johns who said Ivan is a man of his word…

I am not saying I believe Kent, just letting the people without FOX know it is still going on, and in there words will keep going on until Ivan answers the hard question’s

and those without Fox when Matty Johns was asked if he thinks Ivan will be at the Riff in 2019 said…No Ivan is a man of his word…

Hasn’t Ivan answered that question…?

They are obviously backing Crawley, and his question to Cleary about misinformation, they said all Ivan had to do is say where the media is wrong, and it all will stop

This is exactly what is happening. the Tele boys are sticking solid pushing their agenda, surprised others dont see this.

• Doesn’t matter if Bennett or any other coach for that matter, pushes for a contract beyond 2 years. Gus will sack them when Ivan comes on the market. He doesn’t care. The coach for the next two years is only a pawn.

• @:

@:

@:

Only thing that has changed is your personal opinion of the bloke.

Exactly! Best post you’ve ever made😉

• @:

@:

@:

@:

I don’t think Bennett is that silly just to sign a 2 year contract just to help Gus out of a pickle.
    He’ll demand a 3 or 4 year contract so he can get another big payout.

They always had a big opinion of Ciraldo , and I wouldn’t be surprised if they kept him on for at least next year if necessary, he’s certainly got the respect of the players if comments from the club on several occasions this year.
    It probably depends on how they finish this year.

• Between Rothfield Kent and crawly they have 9 coaches for Penrith possibly for 2019 and they still won’t get it right

• We should know the answer in November . If NC signs a long term contract with Penrith then IC will probably join him eIther 2019 or 2020. The thing I can’t get my head around is why a club like Penrith would be thinking to put so much focus on resigning NC to get IC or the other way around. Geez he is 20 years old and could get a long term or career ending injury any time

Recent Topics