Ivan to speak Saturday

• According to Benji http://bit.ly/W18Rd22BM

• Im guessing he was sent to butter everyone up for Ivan’s explanation tomorrow.

• Benji speaks well, hope the team play like he says, the top 8 door is still ajar

• Cleary to speak before a hugely important game. Hope it’s good news or his timing stinks!

• Coaches always do an interview the day before the game. Nothing massive.

• It’ll be about the game vs raiders. Like every week a day before the game.

• @:

It’ll be about the game vs raiders. Like every week a day before the game.

In theory yes, but in practice the only thing people are interested in is his coaching future.

• @:

@:

It’ll be about the game vs raiders. Like every week a day before the game.

In theory yes, but in practice the only thing people are interested in is his coaching future.

Yep, the journalists will be all over him.

• “Reporters” Ivan are you staying at the tigers next year

“Ivan” I’m here now

“Reporters” have you signed with Penrith for next year

“Ivan” I haven’t thought that far ahead
    We have a game this weekend
    Next ?

• @:

According to Benji http://bit.ly/W18Rd22BM

It’ll be a standard presser, which every club’s obliged to do before a game.

I thought Benji handled that well. The three questions they kept trying to slide in were: are you retiring?; is Ivan leaving? And are the Tigers signing Nathan Cleary?

Benji kept it good humoured and kept steering it back to the Tigers trying to beat Canberra and make the finals.

• He will state the obvious I am contracted for 2 more years, we are building something special, I never stated I was leaving next year and am not seeking a release and will see out my contract. I have no intention of leaving the Tigers. He will then leave at the next available opportunity either when his contract ends or the bus crashes because he lacks authority any more.

• My guess (everyone is guessing one way or another at the minute) he will say he is contracted to 2020 and focused on the games and next 2 years. He might add I will sign for Penrith in 2021.

Tigers will claim he is no being released.

After the season finishes it will be announced Cleary is going to Penrth in 2019 once we find a coach and a settlement.

• Sounds likely. Especially if Nathan commits to Gus’s choc soldiers

• The key to this whole saga is “NOVEMBER” Ivan cannot talk openly about the possibility of Tiger’s approaching Nathan before then. Penrith have shot themselves in the foot by sacking Griffen. Cleary hates Gould. Pascoe hates Gould. Nathan grew up in the post IC player group & would have been feeding IC intell re the sitrep of the Griffen Gould relationship. I reckon IC has Chinese ancestry cos he’s been playing the Long Game with old man Gus!

• Well Ivan’s still on the bus hopefully next stop in November is at Ivan’s house to pick up another Cleary , stick that where the sun don’t shine Gould you over sized knob jockey

Recent Topics