Coaching circus

• Trent Barrett has quit Manly. I wonder where he is off to?
    And what impacted this has

• @:

Trent Barrett has quite Manly. I wonder where he is off to?
    And what impacted this has

He hates manly too

• Well according to Paul Kent. He will finish up at the end of the season.

• “Lack of resources” hasn’t stopped Cleary getting a weaker roster to 2 points out of the top 8. Sounds like Barretts trying to divert attention from his own record.

• ForumSupporter

I’d say Barrett will end up coaching, in the ESL.

• Gus has ruled out Barrett . Then again ….

• We all know he is off to Penrith.

Thanks Justin and Marina.

• I really hope he goes to Penrith - they deserve him - Gus will sack Ciraldo with a 100% win record - the DT will say they told everyone this was Gus’s agenda all along and was reported last month - Gus will deny that he denied that Barrett was coming.

• It would take a brave man to walk out on an NRL coaching gig if he doesn’t have another lined up, they aren’t exactly easy to come by.

• If he goes to Penrith it will be interesting to see how long he signs for.

• except:
    “I’ve said all along that Trent Barrett isn’t coming back to Penrith,” Gould said.

He explicitly ruled out Barrett. He has commented too that he hasn’t talked with Bennett.

Personally, the Titans would be NUTS not to hire Wayne in some capacity. (unless he asks for a crazy amount of money).
    He could either be Coach or coach mentor. Wayne wants to stay in and/or Close to Brisbane and the Gold Coast would probably tick that box.

Alternatively the NRL could pull a rabbit out of the hat and open a second Brisbane team, making Wayne the head.

The other side is that Barrett is deliberately playing the seabirds to push more money into the football side of the club. Make changes to the line up, etc. Doubt it would be to get rid of DCE as he is one of a few things going for them.

• Barrett surely won’t put himself in a position of signing for only 2 years. I reckon its 3+ at Penrith and Ivan extends with WT (looking on the bright side of course).

• @:

It would take a brave man to walk out on an NRL coaching gig if he doesn’t have another lined up, they aren’t exactly easy to come by.

Especially a rookie coach. Walking out/ giving up doesnt really look good on the resume

• He is a moron if he signs for 2 years.

• @:

Alternatively the NRL could pull a rabbit out of the hat and open a second Brisbane team, making Wayne the head.

The NRL are literally too stupid to think of this.

Recent Topics