Craig Bellamy comments

• Love him or hate him, the recent comments by Bellamy show why he has turned Melbourne into a juggernaut.
    I’d love to have a coach that committed long term to the Tigers and did EVERYTHING to ensure our club succeeds.

I thought Cleary might be that man. I’m still hoping that will be the case but I’m not 100% convinced.

• @:

Love him or hate him, the recent comments by Bellamy show why he has turned Melbourne into a juggernaut.
    I’d love to have a coach that committed long term to the Tigers and did EVERYTHING to ensure our club succeeds.

I thought Cleary might be that man. I’m still hoping that will be the case but I’m not 100% convinced.

Agreed, I was hoping same

• Id be staying too if I was getting paid 1.5 million a season

Great coach and yes wish we had stability in our coach like the Storm does with Bellamy

• @:

Love him or hate him, the recent comments by Bellamy show why he has turned Melbourne into a juggernaut.

How could Cleary be that man when the club only offered him a contract to 2020 ? I agree with others that it’s too early to offering him an extension. Let’s see how develops the team over the next season before we start talking about Cleary long-term.

• What were Bellamy’s recent comments?

• @:

What were Bellamy’s recent comments?

X2 (is it a secret?)

• ForumSupporter

What he say…building a solid foundation requires 2 contracts…?

• Perhaps something along the lines of “teams are best assembled outside the laws of the game……grubby tactics are the way forward in our game and if blokes get left in wheelchairs because of it then so be it”…blah blah blah.
    Agree with his comment that leadership at the top of the NRL is utterly useless. But coming from a bloke who’s tactics/techniques have single-handedly been the biggest blight on our sport in the last 10 or so years i think he should best crawl back to the hole that he’s come out of.
    Ironic how he utters the words “to be honest” after many sentences he manages to dribble out.

• It’s on the NRL website. I don’t know how to link it across to the forum.
    He said basically that coaches need to show more loyalty to clubs, fans and players. That coaches need to commit long term to clubs to enable stability and effective planning

• @:

@:

How could Cleary be that man when the club only offered him a contract to 2020 ? I agree with others that it’s too early to offering him an extension. Let’s see how develops the team over the next season before we start talking about Cleary long-term.

I want us to have a coach that commits to the club long term. Someone who changes our culture, working well with CEO and board. Someone who turns us into a force and can attract good players. Someone who builds and grows our club. It is my hope that Cleary can be that coach. I think he has the right skills and values. Time will tell

• @:

@:

What were Bellamy’s recent comments?

X2 (is it a secret?)

Bellamy’s Bunker ??

• @:

@:

@:

I want us to have a coach that commits to the club long term. Someone who changes our culture, working well with CEO and board. Someone who turns us into a force and can attract good players. Someone who builds and grows our club. It is my hope that Cleary can be that coach. I think he has the right skills and values. Time will tell

I hope so too. The early signs are promising.

• They should make him an immortal. Best coach I have seen imo. He seems to be able to turn nobody’s into somebody’s. That is a skill most coaches don’t possess.

And it’s not the Alsakan beer talking I don’t think :slight_smile:

• @:

Perhaps something along the lines of “teams are best assembled outside the laws of the game……grubby tactics are the way forward in our game and if blokes get left in wheelchairs because of it then so be it”…blah blah blah.
    Agree with his comment that leadership at the top of the NRL is utterly useless. But coming from a bloke who’s tactics/techniques have single-handedly been the biggest blight on our sport in the last 10 or so years i think he should best crawl back to the hole that he’s come out of.
    Ironic how he utters the words “to be honest” after many sentences he manages to dribble out.

X2.
    In my opinion his team are still benefiting from their previous salary cap cheating. Don’t even start me on Queensland’s era or dominance that was built on the back the Storm’s club combinations that were illegally put together/maintained. Another thread perhaps……
    Point is, if you add the wrestling into the mix then this bloke shouldn’t be held in high regard at all.

• @:

Perhaps something along the lines of “teams are best assembled outside the laws of the game……grubby tactics are the way forward in our game and if blokes get left in wheelchairs because of it then so be it”…blah blah blah.

well summed up and spot on in my view….the game went downhill the day he started his coaching career…Him leading the team out from the tunnel in a defiant manner and in continual denial when they were caught cheating the cap made me spew…

Recent Topics