Tigers side to take on Manly

• Changes to forward pack as Wests Tigers seek crucial win
    Author Dan Talintyre Timestamp Tue 21 Aug 2018, 03:59 PM

Wests Tigers Coach Ivan Cleary has made a change to his side’s forward pack as they seek a crucial victory this Thursday against the Manly-Warringah Sea Eagles.

Kickoff for the match is at 7:50pm AEST from Campbelltown Sports Stadium, with Wests Tigers needing to secure a victory to close the gap to the Brisbane Broncos and New Zealand Warriors in the top eight.

After a disappointing last start defeat to the St. George-Illawarra Dragons, Cleary has made one key change to his side with co-captain Elijah Taylor ruled out with a corked thigh picked up last weekend.

His omission sees Matt Eisenhuth move to the run-on side at lock with Chris Lawrence and Michael Chee Kam featuring on the edges, while Josh Aloiai returns to the side for the first time since Round 19.

The talented young forward made a successful return from a broken hand in the club’s Intrust Super Premiership side over the weekend, and his inclusion is certainly a boost for the home side as they look to stay in touch with the top eight and secure their first victory at Campbelltown Sports Stadium this year.

Jacob Liddle, Robbie Rochow, Tyson Gamble and Malakai Watene-Zelezniak have been named as reserves, while Chris Lawrence will formally co-captain the team on Thursday night.

For the Sea Eagles, Coach Trent Barrett has named a relatively unchanged side from the one that went down at home to the Gold Coast Titans on Friday night with Jack Gosiewski replacing Frank Winterstein on the bench in the only change, with Winterstein dropping back to the reserves list.

WESTS TIGERS
    1. Moses Mbye
    2. David Nofoaluma
    3. Esan Marsters
    4. Mahe Fonua
    5. Kevin Naiqama
    6. Benji Marshall
    7. Luke Brooks
    8. Russell Packer
    9. Robbie Farah
    10. Ben Matulino
    11. Chris Lawrence (capt.)
    12. Michael Chee Kam
    13. Matt Eisenhuth

Interchange:
    14. Alex Twal
    15. Sauaso Sue
    16. Luke Garner
    17. Josh Aloiai

Reserves:
    18. Jacob Liddle
    19. Robbie Rochow
    20. Tyson Gamble
    21. Malakai Watene-Zelezniak

• The best we can put out there. Manly have points in them so we will need to fire like the Brookvale game.

Hopefully Liddle in for Garner.

• With Jake Liddle only getting short minutes, I’d rather they keep this side intact to give us better forward strength because Manly will not be pushovers. I’ll be making the regular Hunter Valley to Campbelltown return trip, just hoping to see us play some decent pressure building football followed by some slick moves after the Manly pack have given it away. Well, I live in hope.

• Hope Lawrence is fresh, he’s going to have to shoulder ETs defensive load

• MWZ should replace Naiqama

• @:

MWZ should replace Naiqama

Why, they’re both leaving

• @:

@:

MWZ should replace Naiqama

Why, they’re both leaving

Yes but MWZ is more reliable

• I would have Twal in the starting side with Packer coming off the Bench IMO!.

• Best bench we could field.

• I agree with splitting Packer and Mats. One starting and the other on the bench. Perhaps Twal and Mats to start with Packer and Sue to inject some intensity after 20 mins.
    This week I’d rather stay with the 4 big forwards on the bench rather than have Liddle in the 17.

• Agree with the others. Would prefer to split mats and packer and have twal starting.

• @:

I agree with splitting Packer and Mats. One starting and the other on the bench. Perhaps Twal and Mats to start with Packer and Sue to inject some intensity after 20 mins.
    This week I’d rather stay with the 4 big forwards on the bench rather than have Liddle in the 17.

I would split Packerlino the other way around and be starting Liddle

• ForumSupporter

Smash the Scum …Mighty Wests Tigers…not sure of the reception in Interlarken…

• @:

I agree with splitting Packer and Mats. One starting and the other on the bench. Perhaps Twal and Mats to start with Packer and Sue to inject some intensity after 20 mins.

I’m with you on that … having four forwards rotating off the bench smashing the line hard and fast. Manly don’t like a side coming at them up the middle, they prefer to slide defence and hope you try and run around them … up the middle is the way boys … !! Would like to start with Twal on, and have either Mats or Packer back to the bench to come around the same time with Sue. I hope Aloiai brings some intensity and hits the line with speed and vigour this time, he’s had long enough off the field to realise he has to lift his game. Garner can be the super sub, and fill both backline and forwards if any injuries.

Farah to be the MOTM … Mbye and MCK to have great games as well … !!

Recent Topics