Packer

Has copped heaps on here with regards to his stats but when you really watch what he does it is invaluable.

Was first there to stop Turbo after Benjis kick in the first half to in goal, if he wasn’t there Turbo has an easy passage out. Was there in cover defence on sideline to prevent another potential try in the second half, how many props do you see out on the sidelin stopping try’s??

He may not be your conventional prop making 150m each game but that’s not his role in our team, I’m happy to have the big fella every day of the week in my team!!

Still needs to play longer minutes

A different sort of prop to what we’re used to having in our team but an important part of our pack.

@:

Has copped heaps on here with regards to his stats but when you really watch what he does it is invaluable.

Was first there to stop Turbo after Benjis kick in the first half to in goal, if he wasn’t there Turbo has an easy passage out. Was there in cover defence on sideline to prevent another potential try in the second half, how many props do you see out on the sidelin stopping try’s??

He may not be your conventional prop making 150m each game but that’s not his role in our team, I’m happy to have the big fella every day of the week in my team!!

Great post.

We need some conventional 150m props to balance out the team.

Only one able to tackle Manly’s forwards and stop them in their tracks.

@:

Great Post his defence at the end of the game was huge was hitting everyone even on the wing.

We need a power metre eater somehow we need to get Taupau back. Mats is solid but coming off the bench with Twal he would be better suited.

Our locks don’t help Eiso and ET have zero impact.

@:

Great Post his defence at the end of the game was huge was hitting everyone even on the wing.

We need a power metre eater somehow we need to get Taupau back. Mats is solid but coming off the bench with Twal he would be better suited.

Our locks don’t help Eiso and ET have zero impact.

His defence is good but he needs to still run the ball more.

We have a forward pack at times which all don’t run the ball (Taylor, Eiso, Packer) and it puts too much pressure on the backs to make runs, and most of them dont get us going forward either.

He frustrates the hell out of me when he runs the ball but he aims up with his kick chase and scramble in defense.
The difference in go forward was evident when Twal came on.

@:

@:

Great post.

We need some conventional 150m props to balance out the team.

Totally agree mate, if we can add that to our forward pack I think it gives us great balance

I’d like to see Mats & Packer’s combination split. I think if Packer & Twal start, then interchange with Mats/Sue it’d provide more balance to the team.

@:

I’d like to see Mats & Packer’s combination split. I think if Packer & Twal start, then interchange with Mats/Sue it’d provide more balance to the team.

Yeah together they do not offer enough in attack not dynamic enough.

Cannt put my finger on exactly what our back is missing but we missing something.

Honestly it would have been good to get Woods back, he is an ideal compliment to Packer and Matulino; Woods is playing a strong role at Cronulla now inside a better forward pack than Canterbury,

He had a normal game, nothing to write home about.

I’ve still yet to see him have an above average game, or a blinder.
Be nice to have a pack for once that could dominate their opposing pack.