Round 24 SPOILERS**

• @:

@:

So far every commentator barring Joey and Gus have condemned it. Anasta and Voss was horrified and I understand Freddy has criticised it this morning.
    Even Darius Boyd was against him. A poll this morning on TripleM was 63% he should have been sent off. It was the topic of conversation at Football this morning and not one person thought he was innocent. Opinions varied from 2 to 8 weeks regarding penalty.

When this many people see it as deliberate there’s got to be something in it. Even Trent Robinson didn’t defend him. I actually believe the coaching staff have a lot to answer for. It will be hard to argue a defence of poor technique when they’ve had 12 weeks to work on it. They’d be arguing their own incompetence.

If he had been given a reasonable suspension for his first offence earlier this year maybe the roosters would have worked on his technique.The judiciary ignored it and sure enough it happened again,i am sure if he played for most clubs he would have been suspended the first time

I agree, they made the mistake the first time around by letting Napa off.

I don’t personally believe he means to hurt people, but he does hurt people very badly with his bad technique. So whether or not it’s intentional, he needs to stop launching in with his head.

Most guys who tackle normally, they lead with the shoulder, and if they get it wrong, it’s their own heads that are in danger, because they are putting their heads in the path of an oncoming large object (the body),

Napa leads with the head upwards and angled at the opponent’s head. He leans into his tackles and propels himself upwards towards the head, with arms down or at best out to the side. It’s always dangerous, in the same way that shoulder charges were ultimately deemed to be dangerous - great when they come off correctly, horrible when they misfire.

Napa comes off best because the way he tackles, he’s always pushing up with the top of his head. He makes contact with the top (hardest) part of his skull and when he gets it wrong he collects faces and jaws. He’d stop tackling like this if runners were allowed to cock their elbows in defence.

Needs to be rubbed out. They got Craig Smith for knee lifting and other blokes for raised forearms; they outlawed cannonballs, grapples and chicken wings when they became prevalent… tackling defenders in the air, dangerous throws, “past the horizontal”, fireman’s carries… all remove from the game.

• @:

@:

The agenda against Napa, and the roosters, and I hate the roosters with a passion, but I don’t buy in to the intentional stuff

I doubt the league have an agenda against Napa or the Roosters. They have however charged him with a grade 3 offence so clearly they believe it was more than accidental.

While Im at it, I’ll also declare I’m not a believer in conspiracy theories about teams being looked after.

I am talking about people on this forum, not the league, the NRL love the roosters, let them sign whoever they want when they want

• Napa takes his eyes off his target way too early

• @:

@:

@:

So far every commentator barring Joey and Gus have condemned it. Anasta and Voss was horrified and I understand Freddy has criticised it this morning.
    Even Darius Boyd was against him. A poll this morning on TripleM was 63% he should have been sent off. It was the topic of conversation at Football this morning and not one person thought he was innocent. Opinions varied from 2 to 8 weeks regarding penalty.

When this many people see it as deliberate there’s got to be something in it. Even Trent Robinson didn’t defend him. I actually believe the coaching staff have a lot to answer for. It will be hard to argue a defence of poor technique when they’ve had 12 weeks to work on it. They’d be arguing their own incompetence.

If he had been given a reasonable suspension for his first offence earlier this year maybe the roosters would have worked on his technique.The judiciary ignored it and sure enough it happened again,i am sure if he played for most clubs he would have been suspended the first time

I agree, they made the mistake the first time around by letting Napa off.

I don’t personally believe he means to hurt people, but he does hurt people very badly with his bad technique. So whether or not it’s intentional, he needs to stop launching in with his head.

Most guys who tackle normally, they lead with the shoulder, and if they get it wrong, it’s their own heads that are in danger, because they are putting their heads in the path of an oncoming large object (the body),

Napa leads with the head upwards and angled at the opponent’s head. He leans into his tackles and propels himself upwards towards the head, with arms down or at best out to the side. It’s always dangerous, in the same way that shoulder charges were ultimately deemed to be dangerous - great when they come off correctly, horrible when they misfire.

Napa comes off best because the way he tackles, he’s always pushing up with the top of his head. He makes contact with the top (hardest) part of his skull and when he gets it wrong he collects faces and jaws. He’d stop tackling like this if runners were allowed to cock their elbows in defence.

Needs to be rubbed out. They got Craig Smith for knee lifting and other blokes for raised forearms; they outlawed cannonballs, grapples and chicken wings when they became prevalent… tackling defenders in the air, dangerous throws, “past the horizontal”, fireman’s carries… all remove from the game.

Look its this simple, if he had used his right shoulder on both occasions his head would have been out of the way and we’d all be talking about how good both shots were.

It’s obvious that his left shoulder is his preferred one for putting on big hits on and he’s not picking his shots correctly and his head is ending up in front instead of to the side.

• @:

Look its this simple, if he had used his right shoulder on both occasions his head would have been out of the way and we’d all be talking about how good both shots were.

It’s obvious that his left shoulder is his preferred one for putting on big hits on and he’s not picking his shots correctly and his head is ending up in front instead of to the side.

Cool, he can spend the next 3 weeks thinking about how to tackle with both shoulders.

Recent Topics