James Graham pushes camera

• No big deal

• All he did was try and cover the camera as he felt for his mate who had a career ending injury. Nothing in it at all

• That clip doesn’t actually show it properly.

We can’t have players turning the NRL into A current affair, because watching live that’s what it looked like, it was an ugly look and I can’t believe everyone on commentary turned a blind eye to it.

Graham has no right to touch a camera or obstruct what they’re pointing it at.

It’s his job to play football, not direct photography.

He has self control issues when things aren’t going his way, we’ve all seen the finger in the refs face and aggressive behavior, this was exactly the same.
    This was frustration due to getting flogged on the field and you can’t go taking it out on cameramen doing their job.

Would it be OK if Graham was sitting on the bench and saw on the big screen that one of the main cameramen in the corner was pointing the camera at something in the crowd that Graham didn’t like, for Graham to run over and push the camera away?

• Meh, no issue given the circumstances.

Footy, like all things on television is starting to get pretty voyeuristic.

If he’d just shoved the cameraman for no reason then I think there’s a story.

• It was mentioned, I think in the spoilers thread….by you…LOL
    Graham should be shot for that.

• @:

That clip doesn’t actually show it properly.

We can’t have players turning the NRL into A current affair, because watching live that’s what it looked like, it was an ugly look and I can’t believe everyone on commentary turned a blind eye to it.

Graham has no right to touch a camera or obstruct what they’re pointing it at.

It’s his job to play football, not direct photography.

He has self control issues when things aren’t going his way, we’ve all seen the finger in the refs face and aggressive behavior, this was exactly the same.
    This was frustration due to getting flogged on the field and you can’t go taking it out on cameramen doing their job.

Would it be OK if Graham was sitting on the bench and saw on the big screen that one of the main cameramen in the corner was pointing the camera at something in the crowd that Graham didn’t like, for Graham to run over and push the camera away?

What you say ‘control issues’ It’s just rangatitus, a disease all red heads have. I know because I suffer myself 🤨

• Think the cameramen need to wake up to themselves - always sticking their camera where it doesn’t belong. Whether it is outside courts, people coming out of their homes, people who have just lost someone in an accident (how do you feel - how do you think they feel) or injured people on the sporting field. Now Fox are on the field with their cameras - that is ridiculous.

As for getting upset because the fans Booed - so they should have, it is the only way they can express their displeasure. The players don’t mind the cheers and claps, so you can’t complain about Boos.

As for Dufty’s comment - he’s the one who needs to wake up.

• @:

Think the cameramen need to wake up to themselves - always sticking their camera where it doesn’t belong. Whether it is outside courts, people coming out of their homes, people who have just lost someone in an accident (how do you feel - how do you think they feel) or injured people on the sporting field. Now Fox are on the field with their cameras - that is ridiculous.

As for getting upset because the fans Booed - so they should have, it is the only way they can express their displeasure. The players don’t mind the cheers and claps, so you can’t complain about Boos.

So the camera doesn’t belong covering what’s happening in a football game?

I think your getting a little confused between roving news cameras/paparazzi and sports cameras that are paid to cover a game.
    I agree with you about news cameras sticking it in people’s faces, I’d push them away too.

It’s Grahams job to play football, the fact he even knows or is concerned about where a camera is being pointed probably tells alot about where the Dragons are at at the moment.

He or any player coach or anyone has no business interfering with a camera covering the game, they’re not on his doorstep, they’re not filming through a window while he’s having dinner at a restaurant.
    It wasn’t even pointed at him.
    They’re doing their job covering the action.

• Just think of the poor camera man, who just wanted to get a good shot of the action

• @:

Meh, no issue given the circumstances.

Voyeuristic? That’s the whole point of covering a sports match isn’t it?
    To show the people whats happening that aren’t there to see for themselves.

What circumstances?
    So there’s now circumstances that make it OK to push a camera out of the way?

What reason?
    You can’t show an injured player?
    So you’re allowed to push a cameraman if you have a reason?

Is Graham now making up the rules for what can and can’t be shown on TV now is he?

Can we push a ref if we have a good reason too?

I honestly can’t believe that people are OK with a football player that is supposed to be sitting on the bench getting up and deliberately physically interfering with a cameraman.
    Fair enough if he just walked in front of it and blocked the shot, but putting your hands on and pushing it away and mouthing off is not on.

• @:

Think the cameramen need to wake up to themselves - always sticking their camera where it doesn’t belong. Whether it is outside courts, people coming out of their homes, people who have just lost someone in an accident (how do you feel - how do you think they feel) or injured people on the sporting field. Now Fox are on the field with their cameras - that is ridiculous.

wait what?

• @:

@:

What circumstances?

What reason?

Is Graham now making up the rules for what can and can’t be shown on TV now is he?

I honestly can’t believe that people are OK with a football player that is supposed to be sitting on the bench getting up and deliberately physically interfering with a cameraman.
    Fair enough if he just walked in front of it and blocked the shot, but putting your hands on and pushing it away and mouthing off is not on.

I don’t really enjoy watching any player laid out or in pain, and shoving cameras in their face while they are being attended to is pretty voyeuristic IMO, I have got no qualms if players take umbrage to injured teammates being used as a spectacle. You’re free to disagree with that (as you clearly have.) We obviously have different opinions on this.

• @:

@:

@:

What circumstances?

What reason?

I don’t really enjoy watching any player laid out or in pain, and shoving cameras in their face while they are being attended to is pretty voyeuristic IMO, I have got no qualms if players take umbrage to injured teammates being used as a spectacle. You’re free to disagree with that (as you clearly have.) We obviously have different opinions on this.

X2

• @:

@:

@:

What circumstances?

What reason?

First of all the camera wasn’t being “shoved in his face”

Second
    It seems we do have different opinions, I don’t think players or anyone have any business putting their hands on someone, like I said he could have just walked in front of it and blocked the shot if he objected to what he was doing, but I also don’t think it’s any of his business, not acceptable pushing and mouthing off like that.

James plays football
    Cameramen cover football.

No reason or circumstance for James to touch cameras, simple.

Recent Topics