Bulldogs confirm a number of player departures

• Zero Tackle - August 27, 2018 - 7:17 pm
    https://www.zerotackle.com/bulldogs-confirm-a-number-of-player-departures-36017/

The Canterbury-Bankstown Bulldogs will pay tribute to six departing players following the last match of the season against the Cronulla Sharks at ANZ Stadium on Sunday.

At the conclusion of the match, the Bulldogs will make a special presentation to the players to thank them for their service to the club.

Josh (Cronulla Sharks) and Brett Morris (Sydney Roosters) have both signed deals with new clubs for 2019.

The club has also confirmed that off-contract players Greg Eastwood, Matt Frawley, Asipeli Fine and Clay Priest will not be re-signed.

Under immense salary cap pressure for the 2019 season, the Bulldogs have been working hard to improve their roster with little room to move.

Earlier in the season, the club released Moses Mbye (West Tigers) and Aaron Woods (Cronulla Sharks) from their deals, despite both being under contract for next season and beyond.

The club has signed a number of players to replace their high profile losses including: Jack Cogger (Newcastle Knights, 2020), Christian Crichton (Penrith Panthers, 2021), Nick Meaney (Newcastle Knights, 2021), Chris Smith (Sydney Roosters, 2020) and Sauaso Sue (Wests Tigers, 2020).

• Did not think i would say this a few weeks ago but I envy the squad that the Dogs have.

Young guns; Lewis, Meaney, Chrichton etc.
    Seniors; Jackson, Klemmer, etc.

Not far off a quality side…

• Always had a good pack just lacked creativity and some speed. They have been competitive in most games this year.
    I think they will miss the Morris brothers they are not easy to replace.
    The Foran/ Lewis combination will be interesting providing Foran can stay on the field.

• Clay Priest wouldn’t be a bad pick up maybe

• Lewis is their ace in my opinion. He will be an absolute gun

• @:

Lewis is their ace in my opinion. He will be an absolute gun

100%

• Lewis big upgrade on Foran. Wait for Foran to be medically retired.

• @:

@:

100%

I can see him getting “homesick” for his long lost uncle Wayne

• @:

@:

@:

100%

I can see him getting “homesick” for his long lost uncle Wayne

Nah more of a Mitch Pearce scenario……
    I read he turned down Broncos offers a few times in the past.

Wants to make his own name.
    Respect.

• @:

If only they had known they had a fully fit younger version of Kieran Foran in their ranks before they signed the former version of himself 😆

• Meh ordinary team still, won’t make the 8 for a few seasons yet.
    The only Dogs player I’d want here is Martin.

Can’t believe the Morris twins got another NRL contract, they’re ready for the UK retirement home

• @:

Did not think i would say this a few weeks ago but I envy the squad that the Dogs have.

Young guns; Lewis, Meaney, Chrichton etc.
    Seniors; Jackson, Klemmer, etc.

Not far off a quality side…

Marshall king?….his form is not as good as lewis tho

• Reimis Smith has a big future

Recent Topics